PDA

View Full Version : Stroker Crank (500EX)

AznxXxStunNa
10-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm looking into making my 400ex into a 500 or higher. What size stroker crank do I need to make my bike a 500/++. Also where can I find it? Or should I ask what do I really need to make a 500/++ bike? I tried sending a pm to MR. Chad @ (DRG) but he never replied. I went to www.fourstroketech.net and looked at there kit. But I'm trying to put together my own setup. So if you can, give some good brands out on todays market. I want to know what I'm up against. I know there must be a good port flow on my cylinder heads and high compression (12:1 or 13:1), New Valves, Valve Springs, Cam Chain, Cams, Rocker Arms, extra oil cooler, head studs, Carb, and Clutch. I probably missed something. Please let me know.

Wheelie
10-15-2006, 08:44 AM
For the setup, you'll have to send your engine in to a builder. Extensive machining is necessary to the counter balancer, transmission, and case half.

If you want a DIY kit, go with a 440/460 stroker utilizing a +4mm stroker.

ilpadrino113
10-15-2006, 11:14 AM
ya to get a 500 or higher it would need extensive machining. It would have to go to an anine builder, and i agree with the 440/460 stroker kit. Great kti and can be done in the garage. Good luck.

What's your application?? What are you gonna be using this bike for?? All that takes makes a huge difference.