PDA

View Full Version : What offset?

400eXr1d3rZ
10-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I may be getting HiPers soon and i'm wondering what offset I should get, this is for front and rear. I ride mostly open areas, sandy+muddy hardpacked terrain, some trails (not tight ones) I heard that a 4+1 offset in the front (i think) will hit the rotor, true? I want my front + rear end to be wider too, without putting too much stress on the axle.

zrpilot
10-15-2006, 08:29 AM
The 4:1 offsets will not hit the rotor, I have them and they work fine.

I would do this.

3:2 fronts, gaining about 1 inch of width in the front. Be aware though that with 3:2 rims you get more feedback through the bars then with the stock wheels. Some people here call this bump steer, but it is really only more feedback.

4:5 rears, especially if your running a stock axle. If you want to go wider, then add a wider axle.

You will love your new Hipers! good luck.

1fst400
10-15-2006, 09:23 AM
3:2 ofset wheels suck but!. my budie has them on his yfz and I hate them compared to my 4:1 ofset wheels.

balls2da-wall
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
...its bump steer...or an exessive amount of feedback resulting in arm-pump...whichever term you prefer. 4-1 virtually eliminate this problem. If your wanting to gain inches do with with axles and a-arms...wheels are not the way to go.