PDA

View Full Version : what bend?

450raider
10-14-2006, 04:27 PM
im just gonna get the longorn bars (i hear their as good as tag) and tusk clamps but i was wondering what bend would work best, ive heard that alot of people have cr high on their quads but today i saw a freind and he said he had cr high bars on his atv (but they were beaten and i couldnt even tell the brand) and they seemed way to low (it wasnt even close to stock height) so im open for suggestions.

thanks

450Rfutureracer
10-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I was wondering the same thing I want the stock height but a little stronger with 7/8 bars.

HAVOK
10-14-2006, 06:21 PM
I have two friends with CR high bend bars and I hate it it is way to low for me. And one of them got a plus 2 stem and its not bad now.
Cr bars are for dirtbikes not quads.

tltcracing
10-15-2006, 06:02 AM
CR bars might be for dirtbikes but they work just as well on quads. you just have to have a +1 or +2 stem. if you dont then look into something like a stock 400ex bend.

HAVOK
10-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Thats my point they only work good with a $200-$300 stem, which is pointless. And why would anyone buy stock bend when buying bars? Most people that buy new bars are trying to get rid of stock bend.

tltcracing
10-15-2006, 05:39 PM
try using block risers on a stock stem then. get the extra hight without the price.

QuadJunkies
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by HAVOK
I have two friends with CR high bend bars and I hate it it is way to low for me. I have to agree with you on that one. I have never liked the CR bend myself. TOO LOW for my liking. ITs all in preference. I dont know how a taller rider does it .Im 5'10 and Ive seen people taller than I riding with a low bend . Even with a +2 stem its still not to my liking.

Also,why do they make the bars have such a sweep to them(or whatever they call it ,I cant think of it right now lol) I would love a straighter bar with a little height. To me when MX racing a straighter bar would feel alot more natural.MY Husband said he feels the same way... Im yet to find bars that I totally like.

HAVOK
10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't know if you used riser's before. They are even a more wast of cash. They have way too much flex in them for rec use. I could not imagine any one using them for any type of racing.

ingleful
10-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by tltcracing
try using block risers on a stock stem then. get the extra hight without the price.

yeah

tltcracing
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
i wasnt really talking about the fox risers or whatever they are called. im more talking about getting extended stock type clamps. ill look for a pic of what i mean....

crazedape
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Get some Renthal Jimmy Button bend bars. They work fabulous.

N300exJ
10-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Tag makes bars for the 450r. They are called TRX450R bars. Or they make a honda atv bend bar as well. Its called the TRX bar. I have the tag TRX450R bars on mine. Plan on going to something better though. Flexx bars are where its at.