PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with a gas leak on my yfz450 please look and help

onefast400ex
10-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi and Thanks for reading,

When i turn the gas valve on with the yfz gas starting going down at the overflow tube. There is also another spot where the gas drips. Is there anything I should adjust to make this stop?

Thank You,
Andrew

quadracer500
10-14-2006, 02:07 PM
sounds like you either need to clean or replace a needle and seat inside the carb.

1fst400
10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
tap on bowl on the carb for starters with a skrew driver or somthing. that will usually make it stop. If it does work then your carb just needs a cleening.

ZSNOW
10-15-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah just tap on the float bowl and see what happends its the same thing that happens on my rincon....its from flipping it or letting it sit for awhile or standing it on end

NacsMXer
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
yeah just tap on the float bowl and see what happends its the same thing that happens on my rincon....its from flipping it or letting it sit for awhile or standing it on end

How can you prevent this problem? I had the same problem with my FCR 39 yesterday. My quad sits on the stand a lot because i'm away at school. I took apart the float valve and seat, hit it with carb cleaner, and blew everything out with air. It still had the same problem when I put it back on the quad.

ZSNOW
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
all it is,is dirt and crud in the carb from riding in mud and dust...take the carb off again take it apart and leave in carb cleaner for a while then take it out...then check out the whole thing with a Q tip or something that u can just clean any left overs out with...and if u have any more problems with it bring it to a shop have them clean it out...or buy a new carb.i just left mine it carb cleaner for awhile then put it back on and it ran fine

ZSNOW
10-15-2006, 04:14 PM
as far as "preventing" you can't