PDA

View Full Version : my ex quit on me :(

jay's 400ex
09-05-2002, 04:53 PM
i need sum help here guys. i'm kinda baffled?? alrite, i was ridin my 400 jus messin around in a wheat field and all of a sudden she jus shut off and the exhaust made a lil backfire. and when i tried to start it all u hear is the starter, it aint tryinto turn over or nuttin, u can only hear the starter sittin tehre runnin free. and it aitn the plug cuz i checked that. so i tried push startin it and when i let out on the clutch she still moves, it dont stop or try to turn over eitha. sorry bout the book i jus wrote but i need sum help cuz i dont feel like takin it anywhere unless necessary. i would really appreciate any of yer thoughts, thanx~!!

Jay

DantheEXman
09-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Check all of your electrical cables. Also, i know this sounds dumb, but check the simple stuff first, like gas and kill swich. Im just saying that because I have made some dumb mistakes before. Also, check your oil. Other than that, It is probibly in your engine. And I dunno s**t about engins.

300exazzkikr
09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
You know that black hose on the gas cap...make sure that it isn't kinked. Open the cap and see if she'll run. What i'm trying to get at is that you need air in the tank. Funny how it sounds, but if there's no air then it'll fun real good and then it'll be like it ran out of gas. Hope it's a simple problem like this.

mxracer08
09-05-2002, 07:50 PM
make sure and check the battery posts. Mine does this all of the time. I can take the fenders off and move the cables back and forth a little bit while trying to crank it and it will eventually get a good connection and crank up. Hope that's ur prob. If not just make sure and check all of the electrical system for bad connections. Hope ya get'r fixed