PDA

View Full Version : different color wheels

PismoGuy400
09-05-2002, 04:46 PM
i was thinking about powdercoating my "dune wheels" black, but i also thought about anodizing them...which would be better and also if you have a pic please post a pic of your different color wheels (any color), please, no beadlocks.

thanks
pismoguy

Pappy
09-05-2002, 04:55 PM
it may be tuff to pc them if they are chrome plated...if not its a good process and should last. someone on the site did "paint" there wheels with the new duplicolor anodized paint and it looked great. i havent heard of how they are holding up...but in the dunes i imagine they would do fine.

PismoGuy400
09-05-2002, 05:34 PM
no , sorry if i confused you by saying "dune wheels"

my dune wheels are just douglas .125 aluminum. but they just have my geckos and dune trackers on them...theyer nothing special, thats why i want them to look nice.,..what would look better, anodized or PC black wheels?, i can get 8 wheels anodized for $150, that is why i jumped on the idea of anodizing.

its cheap...

btw..the other 4 wheels would be the stock ones.

if i got them anodized i would probly get one set of red wheels anda set of black. but im not sure if the anodizing will hold up like powdercoat will.,

so if you know please help me out, and if you know where i can find pics of ANODIZED WHEELS please tell me.

Pappy
09-05-2002, 05:36 PM
haha...cool...i think the anodized would work and look badass. pc would to but in this case i would go the anodized.

i am sure one of the exriders net surfers will find a pic for you...they are good at that. please post a pic when ya get them done:D

mxracer08
09-05-2002, 08:38 PM
here's a pic on a c-dale from kandkatv.com

user101
09-05-2002, 08:56 PM
here it is he user duplicator paint of somethin like that total cost for all wheels 8.00

RytM1
09-05-2002, 10:16 PM
I did that Duplicolor mod also. I noticed that around the lug nuts, the paint had already gotten chipped off from the socket wrench. I put them through a day of trail riding, but the EX is stored at a friends house until I move into my new house, and I haven't had a chance to clean them up and see how well they held up. I was thinking about just going ahead and having them anodized, and debating on adding a touch of color by anodizing the E-series too.

PismoGuy400
09-05-2002, 10:17 PM
mxracer08, is that an anodized wheel?

user, thanks for the pic..i might have to look into that duplicator paint, where can i get it

i am realy leaning towards red anodized, because its fairly cheap (for the quality)....150 bucks for 8 wheels ill still have some money left so i might try that duplicator paint on the atc (200x)

RytM1
09-05-2002, 10:18 PM
I found it at a local automotive paint supply shop. I also saw some at Auto Zone. It's called Duplicolor Metal Cast Anodized Surface Color System.

PismoGuy400
09-05-2002, 10:22 PM
rytm1..we posted around the same time so i didnt get a chance to read your post before i typed my post..

thanks alot for telling me about the chipping...if i do the painting, i will put something over the holes for the bolts so the paint wouldnt get chipped ....i take my wheels on and off ALOT cause everytime i ride...we go to the dunes and the trails

later
pismoguy

o yeah...anyone?..pics please..thanks

RytM1
09-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I do too. Here's the thread with a pic of the duplicolored wheels on a 400. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21355&highlight=painted+wheels

PismoGuy400
09-05-2002, 10:36 PM
rytm1

thanks again for all the info...i really like the way that ex looks w/ the duplicolor paint...i might just have to run down and buy me some of that...i have a feeling that it will look really cool in black (if they make it)

but ...its time for somebody to get some sleep cause somebody has to wake up A LOT earlier than he is used to because he has school tomorrow (ME)

so.... this is gonna be my last post of the night..

to everyone that is new to my thread...>SHOW ME SOME PICS OF ANODIZED WHEELS...if you dont have them, dont worry, but if you do...id love to see them.

thanks again...
pismoguy

RytM1
09-05-2002, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately, it only comes in red, blue, yellow.