View Full Version : What do ur parents think of exriders?

MX MaNiAc 06
10-13-2006, 09:04 PM
When we were on the way to Breezewood i told them id see a bunch of ppl i talk to on the computer. They said thats pretty creepy meeting ppl u talk to on the internet. It was hard to explain to them that it isnt a myspace type thing.

They understood when i walked up to ppl i had never met but could talk to like i had known them forever.

JRP
10-13-2006, 09:12 PM
dude same here, my parents are jus like yours, they think the same thing, lmao

Mxjunkie
10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I think the creepy part is when you finally meet the guy you talk to on the site lol..

Mine think it's cool cause I actually meet people that are dedicated to riding unlike the riders in my area.. They are use to it though I have friends all over my state from back when I raced

My dad liked you two and dooooooober lol he was like the kid with the crazy hair is good! :p

Doober
10-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I dont know my mom didnt say much about it, i think she thought it was cool that i was meeting more people that has the same passion for this sport as i do.

TheFontMaster
10-13-2006, 09:31 PM
My parents think it's cool. Every now and then they will ask how the Quad of the Month is goin, or if I saw anyone I know when I went to a race or something.

coolguy8769
10-13-2006, 09:33 PM
both my parents looked at me like i was crazy when i mentioned it to em for the first time. then when i went to the 4th july ride (with out knowing it was the ATVRIDERS ride) my dad saw how many people show up he was cool with it.

plus when he found out pappy takes pictures all the time he was happy, cause he doesnt have to take em, he sucks anyways...:p

XCAdam89
10-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by JRP
dude same here, my parents are jus like yours, they think the same thing, lmao

My parents were a little sketchy about me going riding at your house, when they haven't really met you before...

But now they now your not a 40 Year Old Sicko, We can go riding more often. :D

WhiteYFZ
10-13-2006, 10:20 PM
my dad just says.. thats cool that you get to meet eveyone u talk to..

450r51
10-13-2006, 10:28 PM
mom was a little skeptical at first, but after she met pappy and a bunch of ppl from the atvriders community, she mellowed out a bit and actually asks us how many ppl are from the site.

pops....well he hates the atv's and wishes they were sold.:huh imagine the father hating them and the mother loving it.

Ralph
10-14-2006, 12:27 AM
This is probably one of the few times, if not the first time this topic has been made.

My parents didnt really care at all cause they knew i wasnt dumb enough to start getting molested online by some weirdo.

Since then my dad has met harlen, kenny and a bunch of others. That was close to 3-4 years ago.

Pappy
10-14-2006, 05:40 AM
I think I have met as many parents as I have members, and not once has one of them failed to thank us for this site and the way we try to keep it clean.

400exmom
10-14-2006, 06:36 AM
well im the parent...but my KIDS think i shouldnt be talkin to y'all then meeting you at the track~lol:o

MX MaNiAc 06
10-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

My dad liked you two and dooooooober lol he was like the kid with the crazy hair is good! :p

Haha awesome!

I also thought it was cool that the ppl i met are dedicated to riding. I wish i lived closer to everyone so we could ride more often. Everyone around here quit riding when they got their license or only rides their quad to ride girls on the back and smoke pot.

The best part is when we were all riding it wasnt to see who was the fastest. We were just having fun. I hate riding with ppl that always have to be trying to beat u at everything. It really takes the fun out of it.

rebelbuggy
10-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
well im the parent...but my KIDS think i shouldnt be talkin to y'all then meeting you at the track~lol:o

lol thats funny. Well I am 26 and talk on alot of sites that I meet folks from. I think its cool, I mean ir its someone that everyone talks to all the time and not some crazy guy .

Nick110
10-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Ya like my brother (450r51) said my mom didnt really think it was that weird. Except when Josh came over and was talkin to me when I was fixin my quad. After Josh left my mom was like WOW that kid is intense. I was like ya thats josh.:p

Sam_400ex
10-14-2006, 09:16 AM
hell both my parents are on this site....my mom is roostcatcher and dad hasnt been on here in awhile so i cant remember his name. Then there is my cousin and his friends..... and my best guy friend..... to me meeting anyone online at a race is the safest thing in the world becasue i know about 50 guys who wouldnt do anything short of killing a guy if they ever tried anything stupid.

400exmom
10-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Sam_400ex
hell both my parents are on this site....my mom is roostcatcher and dad hasnt been on here in awhile so i cant remember his name. Then there is my cousin and his friends..... and my best guy friend..... to me meeting anyone online at a race is the safest thing in the world becasue i know about 50 guys who wouldnt do anything short of killing a guy if they ever tried anything stupid. this place is how i made buds with sam and her ma:cool:

Sam_400ex
10-14-2006, 09:21 AM
yep.....

Caseys 300ex
10-14-2006, 09:52 AM
My parents like how i can buy atv parts of this site instead of getting everything off of ebay. They also like how i can talk to people that are just as obsessed with the atv sport as i am haha.

Sam_400ex
10-14-2006, 10:12 AM
i dont think it is an obsession, but a lifestyle......

Sam

gun32boarder
10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
My mom is a member on the site lol. She is also the president the Xtremehabitat.org So i'd say she is pretty into the quad/dirtbike world.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Caseys 300ex
My parents like how i can buy atv parts of this site instead of getting everything off of ebay. They also like how i can talk to people that are just as obsessed with the atv sport as i am haha.

My parents also hate that. But they dont understand. It is truely safer here than ebay. In my opinion there is more ppl here to back u up if someone tries to rip u off.

quaddict53
10-24-2006, 11:10 PM
My parents beg me to snort cocaine rather than frequenting this website...thats why i havent been around for a few years

Mxjunkie
10-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Ya like my brother (450r51) said my mom didnt really think it was that weird. Except when Josh came over and was talkin to me when I was fixin my quad. After Josh left my mom was like WOW that kid is intense. I was like ya thats josh.:p

I'm one of a kind.. no one else like me thats forsure :blah:

10-25-2006, 07:05 AM
My mom dont care who i talk to. What is going to happen i going to get stolin?
Right now theirs some creeps on a differant site though that have a map of exzactly were i live and their freaking creapy the way they talk and know were i live now cause of some dumb *** 16 year old kid that put the map on the site

Titanium
10-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
mom was a little skeptical at first, but after she met pappy and a bunch of ppl from the atvriders community, she mellowed out a bit and actually asks us how many ppl are from the site.

pops....well he hates the atv's and wishes they were sold.:huh imagine the father hating them and the mother loving it.

thats how my parent are too. my dad hates quads, dirtbikes, dunebuggies...etc. but mom loves it.

LTZ400rider
10-25-2006, 02:16 PM
why does ur dads hate quads anyway?

krt400ex
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
When we were on the way to Breezewood i told them id see a bunch of ppl i talk to on the computer. They said thats pretty creepy meeting ppl u talk to on the internet. It was hard to explain to them that it isnt a myspace type thing.

They understood when i walked up to ppl i had never met but could talk to like i had known them forever.

i go through that with my parents...they won't even let me ride with ppl on here, cuz i never met them.....:mad:

rollie
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
My mom thinks its a little weird that i sit on the computer talking to people my age and people twice as old as me, but she doesnt really mind, i just say its a racing website with a bunch of kids like me, and my dad doesnt care, he was a little sceptikal about buying stuff off the site and selling but after the first few times he was cool. he thinks its cool we could go to like any national race and know a few people.

Jackie
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
I was on this site before my son..now there are too many of you on here...to bad your parents don't think us ol-timers are sick then we could have it to ourselves...LOL
just joking...kids keep your noses clean and be some one when you grow up..make your parents proud...:D

Xater
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
my parents dont really care they just tell me not to give out any info

firefighterjosh
10-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I dunno I am 21 so my parents really don't say anything lol. My dad thinks its cool since I met some Pro racers on here and when we go to the races I always have new ppl to talk too.

sunco
10-26-2006, 05:12 AM
I read most of the posts. Whats wrong with being a 40 year old sicko XC. One day that will be you to! Thats what gets you thru man.

What the difference between your girlfriend & your wife?

About 45 LBS :(

krt400ex
10-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by sunco

What the difference between your girlfriend & your wife?

About 45 LBS :(

ROFLMFAO!!! :D

2004exrider
10-26-2006, 03:55 PM
I just asked and they said "whats exriders"

Jimmy

krt400ex
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
I just asked and they said "whats exriders"

Jimmy

LMAO :blah: :D

wilkin250r
10-27-2006, 12:44 AM
It's my GIRLFRIEND that has a problem with the site. She's convinced I'm on here hitting on chicks all night long.

HtFoxChick
10-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, hello there! i haven't talked to you in ages!!!!:D hahahaha I've missed you!

krt400ex
10-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Well, hello there! i haven't talked to you in ages!!!!:D hahahaha I've missed you!

LMAO

AtvMxRider
10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I'm one of a kind.. no one else like me thats forsure :blah:

thank god for that:ermm:

AtvMxRider
10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's my GIRLFRIEND that has a problem with the site. She's convinced I'm on here hitting on chicks all night long.

cause you are, You should be more like me and ............nevermind maybe that was a bad idea:ermm:

wilkin250r
10-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
cause you are, You should be more like me and ............

...start hitting on the men? No thanks...

krt400ex
10-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
...start hitting on the men? No thanks...

ROFLMGDFAO!!!! hahaha, that is the same thing i was thinkin.....lol. :D