PDA

View Full Version : Great Stuff foam sealant. Story time!

400eXr1d3rZ
10-13-2006, 08:50 PM
A few days ago I noticed theres a crack on the mount on my E-series, I was gonna try JB Weld but I decided not to because im gonna get a new pipe anyway. I'm going riding tommorow and I don't want to risk breaking my pipe so I look around the house for anything that might work, I look into a box and theres this stuff called "Great Stuff" so I said, "oh yes this might work!!!" But before I went outside I decided I should see if the "aiming tube" is clogged (it had dried foam on the end) so I go to my garbage can and shoot it in there, sure enough it was clogged and only a little came out, but I pressed it and let it go, the foam still came out. Then I dropped it accidently, so I got a few paper towls and started to clean and as I was cleaning I got some of the foam on my hands, so I put my hand under the water thinking it would come off easily, well guess what, I was wrong :macho . By this time it starts to burn, bad, so I run to the bathroom, the first thing I grab is Peroxide and Rubbing Alchohol, the R.A only worked a tiny bit, i never really had enough of it, and the peroxide didn't do *****. I even grabbed WD40, that never worked at all. So I got the soap and put the hot water on, 25 - 30 minutes of washing my hands, nothing happens, still sticky, burning even worse. So I was running out of ideas, and genius me think "I'll use saliva!!!". Sure enough, it works. Sticky is gone and no more burning.

Sorry for the long post, if you ever use this product wear gloves! If you don't wear gloves and you get the stuff on your hands, be prepared for stickiness and burning, use lots of soap + water and spit on your hands.

FasstMidnightZ
10-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Haha yeah, Umm never heard of it burning. I've used it in trunk lids, tailgates, etc. to keep down the vibration w/ subwoofers that we install at work..Guess tomorrow, one of the guys is gonna see what it's like. :D

TheFontMaster
10-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Some people use it up here to fix rust holes in cars, fill the rust with great stuff, and fiberglass and bondo over it haha.

400eXr1d3rZ
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I won't be touching this stuff anymore, I'll get someone else to do it for me.

SGA
10-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Heh heh, Im laughing because that stuff is HARD to get off!
Sticks to anything and everything.

Aceman
10-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't get it on your jeans! You'll never get it off.:mad:

RaptorRacer45
10-14-2006, 08:57 AM
So did ya fix your Pipe?:D