PDA

View Full Version : durablue heavy duty axle?

93warriorRidr
10-13-2006, 06:19 PM
I bent my stock axle and was going to get a used Durablue heavy duty axle for my warrior. I wanted to know how strong are they in comparison to my stock axle.

Also, what other shocks besides warrior shocks could I use on my warrior? I'm on a budget. Thanks for the help.

rooster300ex
10-13-2006, 07:08 PM
If you can find a cheap pair of yfz450 shocks on ebay you could get diamondjcustoms shock relocater and bolt em right up. Thats a budget way to upgrade susp.

CannondaleRider
10-13-2006, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't go with a Durabreak....but thats just me

2muchquad
10-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I have had my durablue 2+2 eliminator on my blaster for almost 3yrs now,never had any problems.Oh i used to use it exclusively for mx too.;) Its funny guys would send their quads cartwheeling down cliffs and when they bend the axles,its the makers fault:ermm:

CannondaleRider
10-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
I have had my durablue 2+2 eliminator on my blaster for almost 3yrs now,never had any problems.Oh i used to use it exclusively for mx too.;) Its funny guys would send their quads cartwheeling down cliffs and when they bend the axles,its the makers fault:ermm:

....yeah ok, lets jump to conclusions here...

A friend of mine has went through 2 Durablue axles. Both snapped on the sprocket side when pounding through whoops....another friend of mine jumped pretty high, but not high enough for a axle to SNAP, but, the Durablue sure did.

Along with all the pictures you see of snapped Durablue axles....PLUS the many people that talk about them being brittle and easily broken.

I sure a f*ck won't run one:rolleyes:

1fst400
10-14-2006, 05:13 AM
I got one for cheep. it hasent broke yet.

altho the sprocket hub has several cracks in it and is bent.

93warriorRidr
10-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the advice but the heavy duty axle says you shouldn't jump it. Can you or does it bend really easy or what? I could jump my stock axle some at least. Would I be able to ride over at least smaller jumps and not have to worry about it?
Where can I get those shock relocators rooster300ex and how much are they?
Thanks for the help.

deathman53
10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I would much rather use a stock axle over a durablue. I have snapped a lsr axle(about 10 yrs old), stock 250r axle(original from 86), I never seen a fairly recent rpm, lsr or team axle snap. I have seen atleast 10 duablues snap. I have one durablue axle, 84 250r eliminator on my 86 200x, you only can get a durablue for it. If I had a choice, I would have much rather used a another axle. Stock ones bend(still ridable), your aftermarket axles do bend over time and sometimes break. Durablues are bend the first time you ride it and break not soon after.
If you are gonna get a axle, get a lsr, spend the little more on it. I had a lsr on my warrior, rode it hard for about 2 years, not one bend.

bansheexcracer2
10-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Don't get a duracrap, get a rpm. You can use shocks from a blaster and a banshee. Just messure your shocks eye to eye and find ones that are the same length.

tltcracing
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
there are better axles out there then the durablue ones but i havent had any probs with mine. it seems like they just go through bad batches or something. i think you are more likely to blow out your stock worrior shocks then bend or break a durablue axle but thats JMO.

300ex_#387
10-16-2006, 05:37 PM
I had a durablue HD axle on my 300 for a while. Never had a problem with it. I did a fair share of jumping on it, and it held up. You can't ever get good opinions on this site about this stuff. There are so many people who are leaning one direction and others who our leaning the other way. Only way to find out is to make some calls, or try it yourself.

93warriorRidr
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
So you did have a durablue HD and it held up? what size jumps did you hit with it and did you ever land hard on it? The only reason I'm getting this axle is because I'm getting it almost for free. If it bends, I'll probably buy a g-force because I've heard there warranty's really good and they are pretty strong.

300ex_#387
10-17-2006, 03:34 PM
I raced MX with it, and I had wheel spacers and didnt have one problem. I hit some decent size jumps on it, I won't lie. It will hold up just fine jumping.

93warriorRidr
10-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you guys know if it snaps.

exrider008
10-17-2006, 04:01 PM
i have a durablue axle on my 400ex and i had one on my 300ex. i never had a prob with them. i take my 400 of a 40ft table in my local pit and it has yet to bend or brake.

also DO NOT get the damond j custom kit. i had one on my 300 and it had a ton of bump steer and felt really funny.
but i will say that with the 400ex supention and that kit it was BY FAR the smothest riding quad i have ever drove.

dont put other suspention on your quad that wasnt made for it. just save up and get a pair of works, there alot better then stock and a pritty cheep.

bansheexcracer2
10-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I have a set of works dual rate shocks for it. There is a guy that is supposed to buy them this week from this site but if he dosn't they will be up for grabs. Just pm me for pics.

buck naked-r
10-17-2006, 09:02 PM
i got one off a raptor if it will work you can have it for $30.....but you need new hubs

93warriorRidr
10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
I just got a set of works dual rate steelers and i decided to just wait and get a g-force axle. The works shocks i got feel kinda soft. Are they supposed to be or do they need rebuilt? They're kindof old but i got them for 100.00.