PDA

View Full Version : Possible tranny probs

mxracer08
09-05-2002, 03:38 PM
I was at the track the other day and i was going up to a jump and i shifted up to 4th and shifted as usual and then about 10 ft after i shifted, it jumped back down into 3rd. I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or what the prob could be.

Thanks

Josh

Striker49
09-05-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by mxracer08
I was at the track the other day and i was going up to a jump and i shifted up to 4th and shifted as usual and then about 10 ft after i shifted, it jumped back down into 3rd. I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or what the prob could be.

Thanks

Josh

Im assuming this is the same thing you told me earlier today...

I would guess your clutch just slipped? I have read bout the manual clutches (being that I dont own one :mad: ) occasionally slip from time to time. Wish I could help you out more buddy, but when it comes to mechanics..im stupid. :cool:

VegasEx'r
09-05-2002, 03:49 PM
I've had that happen to me a couple of times at the dunes. I think it just may be clutch slippage, and could probably be solved with stiffer springs (but that is a total guess).

ratmotor99
09-05-2002, 04:21 PM
shifting with a clutch?? good one !! LOL the only time you need to use the clutch is 1st gear or when you come to a stop thats it

TravEX
09-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ratmotor99
shifting with a clutch?? good one !! LOL the only time you need to use the clutch is 1st gear or when you come to a stop thats it

i've heard several people say this,,,,i always use the clutch to shift up or down,,,,which is cheaper, a clutch, or syncronizers, assuming that one of the 2 will wear out from your clutch using preference,,,later

DEAL
09-05-2002, 05:16 PM
my quad does it from 5th to 4th like maybe once in a blue moon, but thats it, its only done it twice since i bought it almost 6 months ago.

Crowdog
09-05-2002, 05:45 PM
I've had mine drop out of 4th going up a tall dune. Drops it into neutral. It has only happened a few times.

Jon