PDA

View Full Version : race cut plastic

anderson3064
10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
ok, thinking about cutting fronts. me and my son did this on his blaster with a dremel and the small cut off wheels and it wasnt as good as i wanted. any better ideas before i hack into some pretty decent fenders.

Rip_Tear
10-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Thats how I did mine, and a lot of people on here do it that way. There is a thing in the How To section I think... or it might be in this forum, but if you try a search something might come up.

anderson3064
10-13-2006, 03:50 PM
cool. i guess the lines werent to straight, and im sure CORONA's had nothing to do with it.

browng31
10-13-2006, 05:03 PM
you can always clean it up with sandpaper, and I did some extensive trimming and I taped it all up and drew different lines, makes for more creative ideas on it, cuz if it looks just like somebody elses, it's not quite as cool!

redexrider
10-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Use a jigsaw, you can cut a much straighter line. Clean it up with sand paper, and to finish it off take a lighter to the edge, and run it across it lightly. The lighter will take care of the white looking areas from cutting and any little shreds hanging off.

foleyit
10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by redexrider
Use a jigsaw, you can cut a much straighter line. Clean it up with sand paper, and to finish it off take a lighter to the edge, and run it across it lightly. The lighter will take care of the white looking areas from cutting and any little shreds hanging off.

I do a similar process. I use a belt sander to sand into shape and a portable propane torch along the edge. Don't get too close or stay in one spot too long as it will burn the edge.

johnsls
10-17-2006, 07:03 AM
Make sure you draw a line with a SHARPIE too.. personally when cutting the fronts I would stay about a 1/2inch to the outside of the bend or where the crease is on the fender,, kinda gives it a little lip.

anderson3064
10-17-2006, 08:59 AM
did it with dremel and sand paper the heated the edges to get rid of the white scratches. looks factory. thanks everyone

STEVENJANNA
10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by johnsls
Make sure you draw a line with a SHARPIE too.. personally when cutting the fronts I would stay about a 1/2inch to the outside of the bend or where the crease is on the fender,, kinda gives it a little lip.
I can cut a mean fender can't I? Even after a 6 of Corona's!!!

johnsls
10-17-2006, 06:21 PM
HEY! STOP FOLLOWIN ME :blah: :blah:

Yeah you do good work :)

STEVENJANNA
10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by johnsls
HEY! STOP FOLLOWIN ME :blah: :blah:

Yeah you do good work :)
I'm just searching through all your posts making sure you're not "slandering" my good name:D