PDA

View Full Version : 86-89 TRX250R FMF Gold Series Fatty Pipe Owner Must Know

395Rider
10-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I can’t believe it! I have taken my FMF Fatty Gold Series Pipe apart a few times. As you Fatty pipe owners know, the pipe consists of two parts. The portion which connects to the cylinder head (sleeve) and the part which connects to the Silencer. The area where the two parts of the Fatty connect near the front of the frame has an inner open area on the sleeve portion. I knew something had to go in the sleeve portion! I don’t know if it was because I am a male and we tend to like to fill in open areas or because I am somewhat mechanically inclined.

I went to an ATV dealer, a very large one, and they said that they didn’t know of any type of ring that was supposed to go in there. I contacted FMF and they insured me that a (rubber O ring) gasket went in there and that they sell a kit that includes springs. I took the part number to the ATV dealer had the part ordered. They all learned a little that day of FMF Fatty pipes. I also ordered an Oil Cap that requires a Rubber O ring. My old cap had the threading all messed up and leaked during riding. I am not sure which made the difference, but my stock bike extends the front shocks with ease on take off!

The new part of the exhaust set up I am working on is the cylinder head area that connects to the sleeve portion of the pipe. I have installed two of the mesh metal gaskets instead of one to fill in the clearance between the sleeve and the Exhaust Port. Again, there is an opening that looked like it required a gasket on the Exhaust Port. I looked at the CLYMER Honda Book and it takes a seal ring. Once I get that, I am pretty sure that the pipe will be fitted so tight, I will get the best performance out of it!

Here are the part numbers:

Oil Cap: Honda Part 15611-381-000
Oil Cap O Ring: Honda Part 91303-800-000
FMF Fatty O Ring: FMF Accessories Part 011385
Cylinder Seal Ring: Don’t know the part number.
Gasket to Exhaust Port: Lost the packaging

Note: If you order the O rings from FMF, also order the Spring Puller. If you buy the puller at the ATV store, it will cost you 15 bucks, if you order it from FMF, it will cost you 7 bucks! And it’s sturdier!

spcfarmer
10-13-2006, 12:38 AM
just put it back together and it will be fine