PDA

View Full Version : chad; nmotion 520

dunebuggie66
10-12-2006, 09:56 PM
i sent my motor to nmotion at the beginning of '05. spent 5 grand on a full race 520. what else can YOU do to my motor to make it even better. will a taper bore carb help? i don't want to make it unreliable (so far it's been awesome), i just know i can get more outta it. right now i am running a 11.5:1 piston, fcr, oversize valves. you probably already know what they will do for 5 grand. just looking for some professional insight. thanks

chad502ex
10-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
i sent my motor to nmotion at the beginning of '05. spent 5 grand on a full race 520. what else can YOU do to my motor to make it even better. will a taper bore carb help? i don't want to make it unreliable (so far it's been awesome), i just know i can get more outta it. right now i am running a 11.5:1 piston, fcr, oversize valves. you probably already know what they will do for 5 grand. just looking for some professional insight. thanks

you got any dyno power curves on it? I'd like to see the power curve to make suggestions. every nmotion 520 i've seen dyno'd makes about 54hp on a 520cc. very respectable power, but many builders, including me do that and more on 450cc. The nmotion cylinder is superior, IMO. but bigger pistons dont help with developing high reving HP either. The best part of the 520cc is that the bigger piston develops a bit more mid-range torque than smaller bores... tq is good.

Regardless, I would offer up DSAR porting, higher static compression with higher overlap cam and carb services..

dunebuggie66
10-13-2006, 03:02 PM
with these other mod's would my reliability stay about the same? also what kind of numbers would you expect figuring i get about 54 hp now. oh, and she's never been on a dyno, so i have no sheets.

chad502ex
10-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
with these other mod's would my reliability stay about the same? also what kind of numbers would you expect figuring i get about 54 hp now. oh, and she's never been on a dyno, so i have no sheets.

check out my bold signature. Its true!

but i could get you more if your at 54, and more yet if your lower... :D

give me a call if your interested... ..