View Full Version : Sleeping Habits

ShiftFMX
10-12-2006, 09:56 PM
What kind of things do you have to have in order to fall sleep?

For some reason I cant sleep in a room that is quite. I have to have my loud box fan going in order to fall asleep. Rain is sweet too, lol.

10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
What kind of things do you have to have in order to fall sleep?

For some reason I cant sleep in a room that is quite. I have to have my loud box fan going in order to fall asleep. Rain is sweet too, lol.

my tv has to be on or my stereo

and my long pillow between my legs :macho
and my fan has to be on (cant sleep hot)

Mxjunkie
10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Windows open, fan on, pillow over my head or my head under the cover's and if the traffic is bad music playing.. room has to be cold, lot's of blankets cause the dog takes half of them and makes a damn bed next to me lmao

troutman561
10-12-2006, 10:00 PM
I need it completely quiet and for some reason i can fall asleep with a pillow under my head but i wake up on one.. stupid bad back..

coolguy8769
10-12-2006, 10:06 PM
try sleeping on your back, not being able to move your head (lookin straight up), and having lock jaw cause you cant open your month lyin down, fun stuff........

i get about 4-5 hours of sleep a night now, 6 if i'm lucky

i have found listen to my ipod, put some soft rock on, for about 20 minutes it will help me calm down and when i take it off i fall right to sleep

Titanium
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck

Crazy! you and me have the same sleeping habits lol. i always go to bed with my stereo set on 104.3(classic rock station) and i always have a fan on to blow on me to keep me cool.

nosliw
10-12-2006, 10:59 PM
i have to sleep on my side, and i switch sides many times throughout the night.

i have to be in a cold room with a lot of blankets, there has to be a breeze, and there has to be some sort of small light source (stubbing toes looking for bathroom sucks)

usually a pillow between my legs to stay cooler

Giz400ex
10-13-2006, 03:31 AM
THE FAN MUST BE ON!!!!!:D

FasstMidnightZ
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Hmm some of you guys are the complete opposite as me. I like to have some sort of noise. Such as my computer running, fan, etc. Except I don't like to have the TV on or music playing.. It has to be COLD!!! I keep are temp in the house at about 68 and have my fan on high when I sleep. Also, have like my blankets between my legs. And, I'm set to pass out.

rbgnwa45
10-13-2006, 09:23 AM
I noticed this last week when it started getting really cold so I shut off my ceiling fan and my floor fan and it was too silent. I tried to sleep but realized I need some background noise to make it happen.

LTZ400rider
10-13-2006, 10:30 AM
i have to be tired as hell to sleep, or i get too bored and i just watched tv. cold and blankets

10-13-2006, 10:33 AM
i love a cold bed, and ill usually watch an hour of Tv or listen to music for a lil bit, then i just pass out

krt400ex
10-13-2006, 01:08 PM
ok, this might sound weird, but i cannot sleep with clothes on, and i have to have some noise in the background. like music or my fan or a/c. and i have to have a comforter on me, so my room has to be cold so i don't get too hot

Ghost-Rider
10-13-2006, 01:09 PM
It must be dark ...PITCH BLACK DARK and must be cold very cold i like the feel of cold air on my face and cozyness of warm blankets and usally listen to my ipod for an hour or so and im out

Lowcountrydave
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I work 2nd shift, so I sleep during the daytime. It works well, I put up beach towels. Absolutely no light gets in no matter what time of day it is. Fan always on, something about that noise. Rain is nice also.

Dave

Architects
10-13-2006, 01:58 PM

Pretty much the exact way I sleep

underpowered
10-13-2006, 02:16 PM
i can sleep almost anywhere. i can take noise, but it has to be semi quiet. a fan or a tv is fine, but if it is too loud i cant sleep. i usually only get about 6 hours a night, any more than that i am tired the whole next day, less i am usually fine.

Tommy 17
10-13-2006, 03:07 PM
i can sleep anywhere anytime anyway...

my preferred way thou is on my left side with a pillow and a TON OF BLANKETS!!! i sleep under 2 or 3 blankets when its 90 outside:D

theTman
10-13-2006, 03:20 PM
i cant sleep during the day....i have to like wrap myself around a pillow..and have the end of my blanket tucked under my feet:huh

Honda400exrox
10-13-2006, 03:47 PM
need to have a loud fan going....

Ralph
10-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Im gonna read through this thread later and try alot of the things over the next few nights.

I have a major sleeping problem and i havent been able to adjust it.

I have class at 8 a.m. Monday, Wedsnday, and Friday. So i get up at 7 a.m. 3 days a week. Tuesday, Thursday, Sat, and Sun i sleep till about 1pm.

So basically this is my week. Sunday Night: not tired, I lay in bed or on here till 3:30 - 4:00 am. Get up 3 hours later and go to class most of the day without naps. Then i party at night and go to bed around 2. I sleep till 1pm the next day, stay up close to 4 again and the cycle repeats itself with class at 7am. Ive been trying to break this viscious cycle. I tried not sleeping in till one so i get tired earlier but the only thing that gets me up before 12 is when the phone rings and i get hit with work.

I am the worst at falling asleep and always have been. I just move around for hours cause i can never keep my mind off of work, life, school.

Any Advice? BTW Im not about to go on sleeping medication cause I dont want to be dependant on a drug to go through my life normaly.

Guy400
10-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
I am the worst at falling asleep and always have been. I just move around for hours cause i can never keep my mind off of work, life, school.

Any Advice? BTW Im not about to go on sleeping medication cause I dont want to be dependant on a drug to go through my life normaly. Start a serious exercise program to the point your body aches the day after. Your body will demand sleep and the restless feeling you have won't be there on most occasions.

As for me, it's got to be completely dark and silent other than the faint hum from my ceiling fan and/or the "whoosh" from my high-pressure central air system.

Ralph
10-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Start a serious exercise program to the point your body aches the day after. Your body will demand sleep and the restless feeling you have won't be there on most occasions.

As for me, it's got to be completely dark and silent other than the faint hum from my ceiling fan and/or the "whoosh" from my high-pressure central air system.

I wish i had the time. I dont understand how i still stay up all day after 3 hours of sleep, its hard in the morning but once 7 pm hits im fine and ill stay up till 4:00 again.

My main objective right now is to not sleep till 1 pm on my days off (4 out of 7 days) This way i wont beable to "Binge sleep"(?is that even a term?) and ill be forced to sleep a more normal schedule.

KOG
10-13-2006, 05:04 PM
it has to be dark and my body pillow between my legs and i have to be against the wall

WhiteYFZ
10-13-2006, 05:14 PM

mx428
10-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
need to have a loud fan going.... yeah, me too. I sleep with a fan on the highest ittl go about a foot from me blowing directley on my face all year round.

10-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Im gonna read through this thread later and try alot of the things over the next few nights.

I have class at 8 a.m. Monday, Wedsnday, and Friday. So i get up at 7 a.m. 3 days a week. Tuesday, Thursday, Sat, and Sun i sleep till about 1pm.

So basically this is my week. Sunday Night: not tired, I lay in bed or on here till 3:30 - 4:00 am. Get up 3 hours later and go to class most of the day without naps. Then i party at night and go to bed around 2. I sleep till 1pm the next day, stay up close to 4 again and the cycle repeats itself with class at 7am. Ive been trying to break this viscious cycle. I tried not sleeping in till one so i get tired earlier but the only thing that gets me up before 12 is when the phone rings and i get hit with work.

Any Advice? BTW Im not about to go on sleeping medication cause I dont want to be dependant on a drug to go through my life normaly.

sounds like me go to sleep at 5am get up at 1pm

FasstMidnightZ
10-13-2006, 07:10 PM

Hmmm, You could try getting as comfortable as possible then just having a little light and read a quad magazine or something in bed. Then after a' while your eyes get tired then try to go to sleep. I've done that before and it worked for me..Have some sort of "talking" going on while trying to sleep? Like some music very low, tv or w/e. Maybe if something is talking you won't forced to think about things while in dead silence trying to sleep. I dunno man...:ermm:

1fst400
10-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I used to have troble falling asleep. I found that eating desert just before bed was the culprit. Now I eat desert if I want then take a shower, go on atvriders.com then go to bed. I listen to the radio for about 5 minutes to take my mind off things.

when in doubt I take sleeping pill, I sleep sooooo much better with them. Wake up ready to go and not tired. I dont see the problem on depending on them. I mean come on, your body depends on water and you dont deprive youself of that?

Shift_450R
10-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by FEAR528
Hmm some of you guys are the complete opposite as me. I like to have some sort of noise. Such as my computer running, fan, etc. Except I don't like to have the TV on or music playing.. It has to be COLD!!! I keep are temp in the house at about 68 and have my fan on high when I sleep. Also, have like my blankets between my legs. And, I'm set to pass out.

Yeah right, you just crank one out and your good for the night:)

10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I get right up against the wall with it completely dark. I also usually have slipknot or trivium in the cd player...i just fall asleep with heavy stuff like that, its wierd. Other things for me are having only 2 pillows, one for my head the other to cover up my alarm clock...lol...and having the cat with me...something about that cat makes me sleep better...i guess im used to it, when it dies...im screwed...:p

jrm03
10-13-2006, 09:13 PM
6 pack

Ralph
10-14-2006, 12:48 AM
ive been up since 7 am and it feels like 9pm right now... incase ur too lazy to check its 3:11 am

Mxjunkie
10-14-2006, 12:50 AM
ive been up since 7 am and it feels like 9pm right now... incase ur too lazy to check its 3:11 am

you too?

I was actually considering not even going to bed tonight cause I have school in the morning and I'm not tired, my parent's say I'm a insomianic because I never sleep, I can stay up 2 days in a row and it doesnt even phase me or I can get 1-2 hour's of sleep and go ride the next day and do fine..

Ralph
10-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
you too?

I was actually considering not even going to bed tonight cause I have school in the morning and I'm not tired, my parent's say I'm a insomianic because I never sleep, I can stay up 2 days in a row and it doesnt even phase me or I can get 1-2 hour's of sleep and go ride the next day and do fine..

You have school on Saturdays? And yeah i thought i was superman too until i found myself dozin off behind the wheel from unadilla this year. Not fun to be that tired and drive. Not fun at all...

Mxjunkie
10-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, homeschooled I go to my school on saturdays to get my work etc.. it's so I can work fulltime and help out a little

That's not good I've noticed if I am bored I'll fall asleep somewhat normally but if I'm on the computer or working on my quad I'll stay up forever.. the worst is when I'm doing school work I'll stay up till it's done doesnt matter how long either..

700bRad
10-14-2006, 10:38 AM
I have a futon and bed in my room, but for some reason ive been sleeping on my futon couch for the past couple years lol. My bed is so far away from my tv I cant see it so I watch tv on my futon couch and end up passing out there. I gotta have at least 2 comfortors, 2 pillows, and the tv on very low to fall asleep. I gotta be laying on my side. For the people having problems sleeping try drinking a glass of milk and reading something in your bed before you fall asleep. Read anything, a magazine, book, newspaper, whatever. It helps clear your mind and will make you fall asleep like a champ. A clear mind will fall asleep very fast. Another tip, if you cant fall asleep and your mind is cluttered with worries and thoughts just think about the color black (but not to hard), just think about it real easy, it helps for sure! :D

insaneracin2003
10-14-2006, 11:28 PM
I have to have coffee before i can go to sleep,dont ask,i don't know why. also the fan has to be on destroy!!

400exrules
10-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
I have a futon and bed in my room, but for some reason ive been sleeping on my futon couch for the past couple years lol. My bed is so far away from my tv I cant see it so I watch tv on my futon couch and end up passing out there.

lol, me too! the bed is more comfortable but my vision isnt that great and the futon is closer to the tv. ive been sleepin on my futon for a couple years now, maybe thats why my back is always hurting:ermm:

WhiteYFZ
10-15-2006, 12:07 AM
i sleep on my right side.. need 1 pillow at least.. usually put a pillow or blanket between my legs.. and it NEEDS to be cold. not cool, COLD.. lol.