PDA

View Full Version : Please Help......dont Know What To Do ???

albi0609
10-12-2006, 09:22 PM
OK WHERE DO I START........IT FIRST STARTED LAST YEAR WHEN I BAUGHT MY BIKE ....IT TOOK IT TO THE TRACK FOR THE FIRST TIME...AND ALMOST KILLED MYSELD THE BIKE WAS POWERLESS...OK SO I DECIDED TO DO A FULL REBUILD...BLAH BLAH BLAH GOT NEW FRAME .AARMS,SHOCKS,HIPERS ...THE WHOLE NINEYARDS...WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO THE MOTOR , MY FRIEND SAID HE WOULD REBUILD IT FOR ME FOR 200$ BUCK WITCH IS PREETY GOOD IM BOOK SO I GAVE IT TO HIM .I GAVE HIM THE NEW BEARINGS, CLUTCH, SHIFTSHAFT ,EVERYTHING HE NEEDED , I GOT THE CYLINDER CLEANED, BORED AND NEW PISTON ......AND WAS READY TO PUT BACK ON .....BUT ALONG CAME ONE OF MY FRIENF SELLING A DUNCAN 305 PV2000 I BAUGHT IT FOR 450$ IT JUST NEED TO FIX A COUPLE NICKS AND A HAIRLINE CRACK AND NIKASIL ....I SENT IT TO GET REPAIRED PAYED 220$= SHIPPING BOTH WAYS AND 160$ FOR THE PISTON , AND 50$ ON ORINGS FOR THE CYLINDER ..I ASK DUNCQN AND A COUPLE FREIENDS IF THE 305 WOULD LINE UP WITH MY CENTER CASES AND THEY SAID YES OK SO I PAID MY FRIEND TO PUT THE BOTTOM END TOGEATHER AND IOULD PUT THE TOP END TONIGHT AND THAT ****TTTT DIDNT FIT ......SO DO I JUST PUT MY STOCK CYLINDER ON WHICH IS A (67.50MM BORE WESICO PROLITE PISTON AND A 20CC COOLHEAD) OR PAY SOME1 TO TAKE APART MY BOTTOMEND AGAIN ,PAY TO TO GET THE CASE SHAVED AND PUT BACK TOGETHER FOR THE BIGBORE ??????????I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE NOW THIS SHI****** HAPPENS IVE BEEN BUILDING FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW SO IV ABOUT TO PUT A BULLET IN HEAD ......AND I NEED TO BE IN A RACE BY THE END OF THE MONTH JUST TOMAKETHINGS WORSE...???????WAT WOULD YOU HUYS DO ??

250r4life
10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
the cases have to be machined to accept the 305... it'll line up, but yah, your cases have to be machined to accept the bigger bore... stick with it, and put the big bore top end on...

just FYI, if you dont have a fresh crank assembly in there, put one in as long as you have it appart... especially if you are running high compression, which duncan always has people run...

albi0609
10-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I GUESS ......DO I REALLY NEED TO PUT A NEW CRANK THE ON I HAVE IN THERE IS IN GOOD SHAPE ....IT JUST SUCKS TO BE SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE AND HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN AND THROW AWAY ANOTHER WEEKS PAY CHECK

albi0609
10-12-2006, 11:04 PM
AND ONCE I GET THE CASE MACHINED I CANT PUT THE STOCK CYLINDER BACK ON CAN I????SO DO I SELL IT ?

250r4life
10-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by albi0609
I GUESS ......DO I REALLY NEED TO PUT A NEW CRANK THE ON I HAVE IN THERE IS IN GOOD SHAPE ....IT JUST SUCKS TO BE SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE AND HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN AND THROW AWAY ANOTHER WEEKS PAY CHECK

i dont know the shape of your current one... what do you know about it? is it the original one? if not, when was it last replaced and what kind is it? OEM? hot rod? gotta know a little more...

you said you had new bearings put in... where? in the rear end, the main bearings, ther rod bearing, the wrist pin bearing? what?

250r4life
10-13-2006, 12:22 AM

let me break it down for you... yes you can throw it together and it sucks to wait a bit longer and sucks to put more money into it... however, with bikes you can not rush and can not go the cheap route, as it just screws you and costs you more in the long run... trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do it right the 1st time, and if you dont do it right dont do it...

if you put that 305 on there, your horsepower is going to go up considerably, and duncan has their set ups running very high compression. (what is your dome size?)... both of these combine to put a large amount of strain on your lower end, a lot lot lot more than stock... if your bottom end isnt top notch and goes out, you are going to be in it a lot mroe... cuz not only are you going to have to replace your bottom end, lets say a rod bearing goes out, it will likely tear up your cylinder and then you'll spend another couple hundred getting that re-nikasealed, it will chew up your piston and rings, so you gotta get those, and will likely chew up your dome, and there you go some more... so youre looking at another $500 in top end, in addition to your bottom end...

just play it safe... i dont want to scare you... i just dont know the condition of your bottom end... need more info... and am just giving you the worst case scenario and trying to prevent you from making the mistakes that many people have made, including myself...

250r4life
10-13-2006, 12:22 AM
AND ONCE I GET THE CASE MACHINED I CANT PUT THE STOCK CYLINDER BACK ON CAN I????SO DO I SELL IT ? .

yes you can still put the stock cylinder back on i beleive... double check on that one...

250r4life
10-13-2006, 12:24 AM
OK WHERE DO I START........IT FIRST STARTED LAST YEAR WHEN I BAUGHT MY BIKE ....IT TOOK IT TO THE TRACK FOR THE FIRST TIME...AND ALMOST KILLED MYSELD THE BIKE WAS POWERLESS...OK SO I DECIDED TO DO A FULL REBUILD...BLAH BLAH BLAH GOT NEW FRAME .AARMS,SHOCKS,HIPERS ...THE WHOLE NINEYARDS...WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO THE MOTOR , MY FRIEND SAID HE WOULD REBUILD IT FOR ME FOR 200$ BUCK WITCH IS PREETY GOOD IM BOOK SO I GAVE IT TO HIM .I GAVE HIM THE NEW BEARINGS, CLUTCH, SHIFTSHAFT ,EVERYTHING HE NEEDED , I GOT THE CYLINDER CLEANED, BORED AND NEW PISTON ......AND WAS READY TO PUT BACK ON .....BUT ALONG CAME ONE OF MY FRIENF SELLING A DUNCAN 305 PV2000 I BAUGHT IT FOR 450$ IT JUST NEED TO FIX A COUPLE NICKS AND A HAIRLINE CRACK AND NIKASIL ....I SENT IT TO GET REPAIRED PAYED 220$= SHIPPING BOTH WAYS AND 160$ FOR THE PISTON , AND 50$ ON ORINGS FOR THE CYLINDER ..I ASK DUNCQN AND A COUPLE FREIENDS IF THE 305 WOULD LINE UP WITH MY CENTER CASES AND THEY SAID YES OK SO I PAID MY FRIEND TO PUT THE BOTTOM END TOGEATHER AND IOULD PUT THE TOP END TONIGHT AND THAT ****TTTT DIDNT FIT ......SO DO I JUST PUT MY STOCK CYLINDER ON WHICH IS A (67.50MM BORE WESICO PROLITE PISTON AND A 20CC COOLHEAD) OR PAY SOME1 TO TAKE APART MY BOTTOMEND AGAIN ,PAY TO TO GET THE CASE SHAVED AND PUT BACK TOGETHER FOR THE BIGBORE ??????????I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE NOW THIS SHI****** HAPPENS IVE BEEN BUILDING FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW SO IV ABOUT TO PUT A BULLET IN HEAD ......AND I NEED TO BE IN A RACE BY THE END OF THE MONTH JUST TOMAKETHINGS WORSE...???????WAT WOULD YOU HUYS DO ??

ps- for whatever you can do it with, dont go to duncan... theyre a rip off and you can get stuff much cheaper else where... they'll tell you you have to get it there, but theyre full of shiz...

albi0609
10-13-2006, 05:23 AM
yup i know that ...they r full og shi***.....ive only baught the piston and o-rings from them ,becuase they wanted to shaft me the big1 on fixiing the cylinder and nikasiling it ..but anyways its a pro-x crank and rod the outside of the crank has lik 2 lil dings but that it .i replaced the main bearinf and all the rod bearing ,wristpin 2 i baught it yest to put the top end on ...wheres the cheapest place to buy a crank if i need it ..ill take a couple pics tonight so u can see it ?and lmk ?