PDA

View Full Version : 06 & 07450R/ER Recall

TCracin440ex
10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
well today i got a recall in the mail...the lower throttle arm is being recalled idk why...the recall said it was defective....ive not experienced any problems with my 450r far as that issue....any body know or can explain why

schootar
10-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I got the same recall in the mail the other day also. I haven't experienced any problems either.

Wonder how long it will take the dealership to replace the part?:ermm:

TCracin440ex
10-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by schootar
I got the same recall in the mail the other day also. I haven't experienced any problems either.

Wonder how long it will take the dealership to replace the part?:ermm:

idk bro, but i know i just got my bike back from the dealer ship not even a week or so ago they had to replace the starter clutch....well that took them a week and a half to get the starter clutch and get it put in so it could be back to me...it was free warrenty coverd it, but needless to say i was not a happy camper knowing that they had my bike for that long and i wanted to ride

CMPX3
10-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Just my little 2 cent but, even though that warrenty work seemed free it still came out of your pocket.

TCracin440ex
10-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by CMPX3
Just my little 2 cent but, even though that warrenty work seemed free it still came out of your pocket.

well yea because i bought a 6200$ quad

Jonas
10-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Just make sure the dealer has the kit set aside with your name on it and make an appointment to have it done the same day. Problem solved.

eganracing
10-12-2006, 10:02 PM
im just going to see if i can get the part and install it myself. i dont like other people working on my bike.

Coolidge
10-13-2006, 06:06 AM
I got a letter as well. From what I understand, it is a $1.25 part. I would rather spend the bucktwenty-five, and install myself, than leave my Quad w/my dealer. My quad was also built by the moron, who uses an impact on the plastics :ermm: Yup, my gas tank nutsert was stripped as well (wound up fixing that myself too)

TCracin440ex
10-13-2006, 06:04 PM
i called my dealer today he said they have the part to fix it and bring it in tomorrow its only a 20 minute fix and they will fix it while i wait

5.0 Mustang Man
10-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey coolidge, I had the same damn problem with the tank insert being overtightened. Now the damn insert is just spinning in the tank and I cant get the bolt out. How did you go about getting it out without hurting the tank? I tried prying on one side of it with a screwdriver but it is still spinning. Any help would be awesome!

Dave400ex
10-13-2006, 06:52 PM
When I saw that in the mail from Honda I was hoping it was for the starter. I hope they fix the darn thing for 08, the electric start is terrible.

TCracin440ex
10-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
When I saw that in the mail from Honda I was hoping it was for the starter. I hope they fix the darn thing for 08, the electric start is terrible.

my one way clutch done went out in mine already and had it replaced....now it cranks just fine....

Coolidge
10-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 5.0 Mustang Man
Hey coolidge, I had the same damn problem with the tank insert being overtightened. Now the damn insert is just spinning in the tank and I cant get the bolt out. How did you go about getting it out without hurting the tank? I tried prying on one side of it with a screwdriver but it is still spinning. Any help would be awesome!

No worries. I too tried the pry thing, which didnt work. I got it out by firmly grabbing(dont crush) the collar/washer, by the outer rim with small vise grips. I then used a 1/4" drive breaker bar(!) w/8mm socket to break the bolt loose. The Honda 'mechanic' overtorqued it, which slightly crushes the collar. A extra set of hands helps too. If you overcrush the collar the dealer can (eventually lol) get them for you. Re-assemble with anti-seize. If your nutsert isnt too jacked up, you can use epoxy, or equivalent to fill in the damage. Ive heard of guys pulling the insert completely out :eek2: ....But, all I had to do was gently 'peen' the plastic around the insert w/a autobody hammer. Good luck

gui96
10-14-2006, 01:53 PM
can you show the mailing from honda, i work at the dealership and we dont recived anyting in canada this is just for US models

ckasper18
10-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I got severeal kits in the other day 10 minute fix check with your dealer he should fix it while you wait.As far as recalls go my new powerstroke has been in the shop 4 times for recalls no big deal at least they reconize the problems and fix them.As far as the starter clutch or one way clutch goes not all had the problem but honda fixed the couple that came threw the shop even after it was out of warrenty. My 06 and 07 work fine if you have a good dealership they should help you............Chris

QuadRacer041
10-15-2006, 04:15 AM
anyone know if this problem is in the carb or the throttle housing?

Coolidge
10-15-2006, 05:02 AM
The part is in the throttle housing

Ex_Rider43
10-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 5.0 Mustang Man

I had the same problem too , I removed some plastic around the the insert to be able to get a key around it , removed the bolt, put some anti seize in the hole and loctite around the insert. its working good now. I tried epoxy before and it still striped.