PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Carmichael to NASCAR

BlasterRacer26
10-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Theirs been specualation about this now its offical. He signed a deal with MB2, same team Mark Martin signed with last week.

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/truck/10/12/rcarmichael.mb2/index.html

450r51
10-12-2006, 11:35 AM
great now theres only one person who will win everything.....

10-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
great now theres only one person who will win everything.....

It will be a replay of his 125 days.:o

hsr
10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
I wish him the best, but I dont't believe he is lowering himself to these standards. nascar!!! Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

CRich[814]
10-12-2006, 12:35 PM
haha. that was funny as hell. nothing against rednecks.

tat900
10-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by hsr
I wish him the best, but I dont't believe he is lowering himself to these standards. nascar!!! Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

you my friend are a complete idiot . It takes a ton of skill to race a car . Id love to see you in one of my cars and see how quick you would spin or eat a wall .
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/z-a-i-52K-KylePrater.jpg

Quad18star
10-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I'd like to know who decides who gets the contracts .

Sure the guy has great motocross skills , but does he have any race car driving experience?

I guess if you have the ol' might dollar you can do whatever you like . Ricky has the money to buy himself into a ride and the Team , well they have another great advertisement figure to bring them in the $$ . i guess both parties win . I wish I was rich !!!!:blah:

I think Ricky's in for a big shock though . Riding a dirtbike at 65 MPH and driving a stock car at 170MPH are two totally DIFFERENT things . You can't bail when you're heading for the wall !!!!:p

Loser450
10-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by tat900
you my friend are a complete idiot . It takes a ton of skill to race a car . Id love to see you in one of my cars and see how quick you would spin or eat a wall .

Word. I've been hanging around these stock car races for the past year, and I plan to drive a IMCA modified next year, and nothing about it will be easy.

FHKracingZ
10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
haha Funny thing is them drivers get more of a workout sitting in a car then ure fat arse does trail riding or racing in the C class, grow up if ure gonna post. Nascar is just as physically demanding as any sport out there. :rolleyes:

tat900
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Loser450
Word. I've been hanging around these stock car races for the past year, and I plan to drive a IMCA modified next year, and nothing about it will be easy.

word of advice if the tracks have a b-mod or imca sport mod class go to it to get some seat time the cars are no joke and you can easily destoy a car but if you have raced karts youll be allright but if you do it good luck and i hope you got deep pockets

outlaw450r
10-12-2006, 02:13 PM
He should of atleast tried to get a ride with a decent team. Might as well be called scab motorsports.

rebelbanshee
10-12-2006, 02:14 PM
yeah nascar is very demanding...i cant even imagine what its like to turn in a left hand circle for 500 miles. Id be dizzy as heck.

tat900
10-12-2006, 02:27 PM
specially when track temps can reach 120 degrees and 130 plus in a car for 500 miles . I know they were cool suits but you still get dehydrated. IVe came out of my car and could not walk because i was so dehydrated i thought i was having a heat stroke . Any body who says that race car drivers are not atheletes need to pull the head out of their butt . Ricky better get some seat time those cars are no joke

SRH
10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
haha Funny thing is them drivers get more of a workout sitting in a car then ure fat arse does trail riding or racing in the C class, grow up if ure gonna post. Nascar is just as physically demanding as any sport out there. :rolleyes:

maybe trail riding but not racing, race cars are demanding but lets not g et carried away, and do you honestly think if ricky couldnt run a car hed even be heading into nascar? im sure hes been in the seat quite a bit now

10-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Carmichael has excelled because he has been able to train harder than anyone else. He was just more physically fit.

He won't have that advantage in NASCAR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Carmichael fan, but NASCAR ain't AMA MX.

wvspeedfreak
10-12-2006, 03:48 PM
I might actually start watching Nascar now.

SRH
10-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by garandman
Carmichael has excelled because he has been able to train harder than anyone else. He was just more physically fit.

He won't have that advantage in NASCAR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Carmichael fan, but NASCAR ain't AMA MX.

you dont understand, the amount of timing, reflexs, reactions cornering knowledge will all carry over apex, exit dex bla bla he knows all that well, mx takes much more of this than car racing, but what will make or brake him in the car is if he can adapt or not to a car

ITSTOCK
10-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Take a look at Pastrana.

Racing is racing. It involves reflexes, motivation/desire to win, and lots of balls. If you can get the hang of turning a car and braking after perfecting everything else on the dirt bike (cornering/apex's, holeshots, shifting, etc. etc. ), you've got it made.

As to whoever said racing cars isn't physically demanding, you need to get a clue. :rolleyes:

TWISTED
10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
I think it will definately be a learning curve for him, but I can't think of a more focused or determined athlete around. It might take seat time, but I definately see him as a threat in NASCAR.... I'd still like to see him try a quad out on a track though.

quad2xtreme
10-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Just a couple comments...

Ricky's level of money would be a joke in Nascar circles...but that was a funny one that made me smile. :D He would be broke inside of 2 or 3 years.

The guys with the "real" money need to find drivers who don't let off in tight quarters...mx guys are very good at being extremely close at high speeds. Ricky has been in a car many times recently which is how they know he can drive. Why not give him a try? I would invest in RC long before I bet my money on many other up-and-coming drivers.

Third, mx guys are about as physically fit as any professional athlete can be. I can't even imagine running at their pace for 2 motos.

/Jon

Rastus
10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
The modified and late model cars can really get it around a track, but I really enjoy the pure stock classes. It's fairly cheap compared to the other cars, and it's more fun because you have such a low starting point with restrictions on how far you can build.

Around my area they also have 4 banger classes now, it's fun too because alot of guys just get old 4 bangers and run them around the track.

What's really fun to watch are the sprint cars. :eek2:

mole97
10-13-2006, 04:10 AM
643455-0twins first time tryin this so don't know if it worked? R.C 'S CAR?

mole97
10-13-2006, 04:12 AM
O.K. worked and btw his wife is expecting twins!

tat900
10-13-2006, 07:03 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1544479530207927863&q=sprint+car&hl=en

theres a video of a sprint car it takes nerves of steel to push a car to its limits and asphalt is even tougher theres no room for error

and if you wanna make a million in racing cars start with two million

tat900
10-13-2006, 07:11 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7259729589556985436&q=sprint+car&hl=en

heres a vidoe of a modified race this is the type of cars we race

PeeWee21
10-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Let me tell you from someone that has experience in this...there is very little he's gonna take from mx racing into auto racing....in mx you feel with your hands, legs, forearms and such....he's gonna have to calibrate his arse to drive a car. Yes it does require the all balls, never quit attitude....but these types of racing are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Mcgrath tried it and he STRUGGLED with it.....it's not gonna be an easy transition.

bradley300
10-13-2006, 09:25 AM
RC is friends with one of the cup drivers (johnson i think?) and he has been in a car plenty just messing around with his cup friend. thats how all this came about, the first time he got in a car, he turned some heads with how good he was. my geuss is he wont struggle too much until he gets out of arca and the trucks and into a busch car

tat900
10-14-2006, 06:58 PM
this is makin alot of news on speed right now

450robot
10-14-2006, 07:06 PM
didnt RC race in the WRC some times too?

bulkdriverlp
10-14-2006, 09:17 PM
look at vanilla ice, went from white rapper to supercross rider!! lol

carmichael i dont think will like the idea of getting knocked down a few pegs, seems kind of arrogant. he will find out real quick he has a lot to learn when hes driving that car. but i think with a little practice he will do well. he obviously knows how to win.

One_Bad_400
10-14-2006, 10:54 PM
i'm sorry.. i have something in my throat... *cough* LOSER!*cough*

One_Bad_400
10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ITSTOCK
Take a look at Pastrana.

Racing is racing. It involves reflexes, motivation/desire to win, and lots of balls. If you can get the hang of turning a car and braking after perfecting everything else on the dirt bike (cornering/apex's, holeshots, shifting, etc. etc. ), you've got it made.

As to whoever said racing cars isn't physically demanding, you need to get a clue. :rolleyes:

ya but what travis races is cool... NASCAR is so boring! they go around in circles! you might as well tape the first lap and put it on replay....

firefighterjosh
10-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Who ever said racing cars wasn't hard......A race car driver can loose up tp 10lbs in a race. Try saving going sidways at 170MPH and save it. Also try racing 3 hours in 120degree car with your feet burning and your feeling dizzy because your so dehydrated and push your car to the limit.....

Nascar is boring to some ppl and some ppl like it. I would love to race it. Alot of ppl think quads are stupid. Just like drag racing. Whats the point of drag racing lol? Go strait really fast????? LOL takes no skill (JJ).

Plus he will make alot more money in nascar.

Brademay
10-16-2006, 07:19 AM
you don;t see any 50 year old fat arse's in motocross \winning anything, you don't hear of any nascar drivers talking about how much they run, lift weights. lose 10 pounds of dehydration. its a differernt kind of conditioning. nascor takes a lot butt like i said,no fat 50 yr olds in motocross and thats all there is to it fellas

trick250r
10-16-2006, 07:44 AM
im pretty sure jimmie johnson started out racing MX or something of the sort.

trick250r
10-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Brademay
you don;t see any 50 year old fat arse's in motocross \winning anything, you don't hear of any nascar drivers talking about how much they run, lift weights. lose 10 pounds of dehydration. its a differernt kind of conditioning. nascor takes a lot butt like i said,no fat 50 yr olds in motocross and thats all there is to it fellas

there arent any 50 year old fat arses winning in nascar either... are you sure you're not watching old people park at a retirement home?

Brademay
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
the retirement age in motocross is late twenties to 30 max. strictly because it is too pysically demanding. i'm sorry but any sport you can race to age 50 or so is not that demanding. thats common sense man. i agree there not winning in nascar at that age but they are competitive there is no one close to that age in motocross let alone competitive.

jrspawn
10-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Isnt Gust pushing 40 or close to it?

tat900
10-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Brademay

I guess you didint see carl edwards on the cover of mens health magazine :rolleyes:

jrspawn
10-16-2006, 11:16 AM
And you might want to do some research on the Baja races. Which is probably one of the most demanding style races out there. There are racers from ALL ages competeing in it. And in my book anyone that can finish it, is more than competitive. Some of the people on here just dont understand. I give respect to ANY racer in any type of powersport, each type of racing requires a great amount of skill. And it doesnt matter if they finish first or last in the pro level classes, they are still the best at what they do in the country!

Justin

c450Razy
10-16-2006, 01:50 PM
tony stwerts son races dirtbike

Quad18star
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy

I am 99.999% sure Tony Stewart doesn't have any kids .

I love all the comments about how Nascar has no skill involved .... it makes for a good chuckle . :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is , it probably takes more skill to drive a stock car than it does to throw a dirtbike around in the air . Most people have a hard time driving a car at 100mph for 20 seconds , let alone ever being able to handle a car at 200mph for 3 hours straight and only inches from the next competitor .

As for conditioning , these 50 year old drivers are in better shape than most 16 year olds and spend as much time in the weight room and doing cardio as any MX racer out there .

I'm curious to see how Carmichael will handle going into the wall at 190mph or how he'll try and correct the car when the rear gets loose on him . Might be a good idea to wear some Depends for the first couple of races . ;)

One_Bad_400
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM

and YOU, my friend, need to learn how to read, he said, NONATHLETIC, not UNSKILLED. It takes no athletic ability to drive a car, therefor it is not a sport

Pool players are SKILLED too, but that doesn't mean they are ATHLETES. it takes skill to play video games really well, that that does make video game players athletes by any means.

NPelletier
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
MY 2 FAVORITE SPORTS

idk u how hes gonna do but ok:blah:

tat900
10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
and YOU, my friend, need to learn how to read, he said, NONATHLETIC, not UNSKILLED. It takes no athletic ability to drive a car, therefor it is not a sport

Pool players are SKILLED too, but that doesn't mean they are ATHLETES. it takes skill to play video games really well, that that does make video game players athletes by any means.

well tell me its not athletic to brake with one foot , gas wioth the other adjust a brake bias steer the car shift gears and try to tear off a tearoff and not hit 25 other cars on a rubbered up slick as glass track come off it . That is also in the middle of summer so i guess you dont have to be athletic at all and thats all done in about 15 seconds a lap . Now for nascar i guess you dont have to be athletic at all to be able to handle the gforce those cars put on you ?

popo
10-17-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy

Tony sponsors several kids racing mx.

trick250r
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
now guys, c'mon here... apparently these guys on here that say nascar is'nt physically demanding must be past winners of the world's strongman events. :rolleyes:

tat900
10-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
now guys, c'mon here... apparently these guys on here that say nascar is'nt physically demanding must be past winners of the world's strongman events. :rolleyes:

or have no clue on the subject at all

One_Bad_400
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
well tell me its not athletic to brake with one foot , gas wioth the other adjust a brake bias steer the car shift gears and try to tear off a tearoff and not hit 25 other cars on a rubbered up slick as glass track come off it . That is also in the middle of summer so i guess you dont have to be athletic at all and thats all done in about 15 seconds a lap . Now for nascar i guess you dont have to be athletic at all to be able to handle the gforce those cars put on you ?

again, SKILL and ATHLETICISM are two different things. so, no, its not ATHLETIC to brake with one foot, gas with the other, adjust a brake, etc. compare to a pilot, they have to do several similar things at one time, but that doesn't make them athletes just cause they can fly a plane. You don't have to physically train your body to drive a car. I'm in the gym 5 days a week, lifting weights, running, mountain biking, playing raquetball, tennis, training muay thai kickboxing, brazilian jiu-jitsu, riding(practicing), etc. Those are the type things an athlete does for physically training your body. I guarantee I could drive a nascar for hours and hours without getting tired.

It isn't completely relevant, but I have driven a nascar before although it was governed to about 140 and I didn't drive it for 200 laps, it was by no means physically challenging. Again, compare it to a pilot, they have to do many things at once but that does not make them athletes

I'm not saying being a nascar driver is easy, i'm just saying that you don't have to be an ATHLETE to be good at it

DEAL
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
my opinion ..

Boring to watch, I'm sure racing it isn't boring ..
As for physically demanding .. yes I can see it, but not in the same way as motocross.

tat900
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Your body doesnt take a beating pushing the gforce ,and taking the car temps of 130degrees for 500 miles so you dont have to fit for that sure mx may be harder work in that time but these guys do it for hours . Mx guys ae in better shape than others but it is a sport period .

tat900
10-23-2006, 07:45 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kY85tvoAuU8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kY85tvoAuU8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hers a video to show how hard it is to drive a dirt car