PDA

View Full Version : 330-350 Questions

rustee
10-12-2006, 09:27 AM
hello all we run the extreme tt dirt sereis and up untill this weekend we were doing vey well. we tought we seized the moto after 4 lap qualifing. but when we got back to the pit it was hard to turn over took abart found nothing wrong just happen to look in the reed cage found that it came apart. then we found some peices in the bottom of the case. cleaned up put back together someone in pit had a brand new vforce3 reed cage droped that in fired right back up ran great . we went out on for our mains got about 5 laps in secound really pushing the leader and then it sputterd and seized up. got back home took it apart and the exhaust side of the piston litterly melted a hole through it. of course there was a lot of alluminum on the cyl walls cleaned that up with acid and honed back out a little cyl is in great condition but on its last overbore. dont want to run next season on last overbore either time for new cyl or resleeve not sure why this happend the new reed cage? should i have re jetted although there was no time for this. thinking about going t o a power valve called esr and he suggested that i put a 330 not a drop in back in machine cases and stroke the crank 2mm to get bore to stroke more inline. not sure what thia will do but we do want to make more power for next year. as we plan to move up a class. i am interested in this stroke thing but will itr make more power. we are using a bolt on esr 330 kit right now and it ran very well but we need more. any ideas from some of you race guys out there what would be a kick *** combo for tt 350pv or just stick with a 330 and mabee stroke it! Neil from C-LEIGH RACING any ideas i know you dont know me personaly but we see you at all the races except this past one. i understand why it sucked going back twice. i have been told you know your way around the 2 strokes pretty well mabee i will see you at the banquet if your there i will introduce my self. we also run a 450r hybrid i am more of a four stroke guy but learned a lot this first year with a 2 stroke. any solid suggestions greatly appreciated thanks all.

sandspanker
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
:) I have a 350 pv and flattrack it. everybody cringes when i show up with it. they all know it is tough to beet.:D

rustee
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
sandspanker

how is the reliabilty do you have to tear it down much. what is the power like low/mid/top. especialy mid/top. and what brand 350pv esr duncan ? i am really leaning this way but need to find out as much as possiable. before a dump a ton of money and not get what i hoped for. anyone else with some suggestions? anyone running a stroked 330-350 motor out there i would like to here from you. i am not a big fan on stroking but if it will give us the power we need to have an advantage i am for it. thanks all!! rustee......

707trx250r
10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I just did a complete rebuild on the motor. I went with a ct racing 350pv top end with a stock stroke crank. I am still breaking it in but the power is CRAZY! It has so much torque and doesn't stop pulling on the top end. Some people bad mouth ct but they treated me very well and have a really nice kit. I would totally reccomend it.
Later
Adam

sandspanker
10-14-2006, 06:08 PM
:)Dennis packard built mine. pulls from the bottom all the way through too the top. very reliable. ps he lives in utah.