PDA

View Full Version : dry cement on top of jump?

cbr929rr
10-12-2006, 04:20 AM
would adding dry quickcrete to the top of my jump prevent some wear? A light rain after might mix in with the dirt and tighten up the mix a little. I dont mean making a shell of concrete just mixing it in with the soil which is somewhat sandy. I thought about a piece of carpet. I have packed the dirt but just natural elements erode it, never mind the quad.

10-12-2006, 05:33 AM
I would think it would work.

Ebrown
10-12-2006, 06:32 AM
yes mixin the quickqrete is a great idie it works good, ive done it

Jeffksf
10-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Actually it's a good idea. This process is called soil stabilization and they do it all the time under Wal-Marts and other big box stores to keep them from settling as well as under roadways. They use large rototiller type machines and mix portland cement in with the dirt, it makes it very hard. So look for a bags of straight Portland Cement it's a powder(look at a masonry supply house). The tricky part would be mixing it in with the dirt completely. Using a rototiller would probably work though. You could probably use Quickcrete with decent results, but you would be also adding more sand and pebbles with that. I would try it w/o adding water, it will suck the exsting moisture right out of the dirt, or after you get it mixed in and graded out just wet it down then. You don't want to be trying to grade out a muddy mess. Also let it set for a couple days, don't ride on it right away. I have a hunch this will work quite well. Let us know if you try it.

250x_kyle
10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
ill have to try this

duneriper
10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
I have coverd the whole lipof a jump it works good

joel400ex
10-14-2006, 01:44 PM
yes this works really really good ive done it on dirt bmx jumps and it holds the lips amazing and carpet also works well but the cement is better but f u can get lots of carpet for nothing id go that way.