PDA

View Full Version : trail tech or other aftermarket light?

jeepcj469
10-11-2006, 11:36 PM
i need some good lights but cant afford the HID lights anyone got any sugestions on what brand and where to get them id like them to mount at the bars or maybe on the frame.

svahle
10-12-2006, 06:42 AM
I bought Hella Optilux lights off ebay for about $40.00 shipped to put on my 416ex. They are all metal construction and have a metal mounting bracket. You will need to be sure and get 35w bulbs so as to not damage the stator (I had to buy the bulbs separately as the lights I purchased had 55w bulbs). I have race cut plastic and was able to mount them using the bolt at the top of the shock mount and drilling a larger hole in the mounting brackets that come with the lights. Thus there was no real fabrication involved. I just got back from Little Sahara (Oklahoma) and the lights worked great and held up just fine. There are several different styles of lights in the Hella Optilux line and I just chose the lights I thought looked the best. This is a very cheap way to have some nice lights. I suppose you could also fabricate a bracket of some sort to mount else where on the frame or handle bars.

I have heard very good things about both the trail tech and ricky stator light kits but they are 3 or 4 times more expensive.

Unverfehrt400ex
10-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I bought some trail tech torch lights off rocky mountain. I think they were like 120 for the handlebar mount ones. I absolutely love em. so much brighter than stock. A must for anyone who does a lot of night ridin.

triple b
10-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Check out the baja designs 4" Fuego ATV light kit. Very clean set up for under $300.00
http://www.bajadesigns.com/
Go to ATV section
Then ATV Products
Check out the Single 8" Race light and the dual 4" Fuego system
If you get the halogen light I am pretty sure you can upgrade to HID later.
They will also re-wind your stator for you or do a Google search and you will find lots of info on how to do it your self.
If you do it your self it will cost you about $40.00 in materials