PDA

View Full Version : Ive got some sad sad news

Raptor350yamaha
10-11-2006, 08:25 PM
A kid (dustin) that is in my grade(freshman 9th) was born with cystic fibrosis(spl?) and has only a year or less to live. He found out just a couple weeks ago he had a year left when he was in the hospital. We have been raising money for his family at school for the past few weeks and raised $7000. the senior class donated $1000 right as soon as they heard he was in the hospital. Coach James(teacher/coach) went to the hospital every sunday for 8 hrs. He asked him some things he wanted to do and he said he wanted to cus whenever he wanted and watch wedding crashers. Coach James said he could get him wedding crashers but he would try to help with the cussing part. Me and him have been friends since kindergarden. Everyone knows Dustin, hes just awsome. I dont think hes aloud to come back to school but i think he is coming one day to say bye to everyone. I think thats all i can think of o type right now if i think of more ill add it later

CDCHONDAS
10-11-2006, 08:36 PM
thats a sad situation, i feel for you guys, i have lost people that i knew since kindergarten but unexpectedly, knowing its just a matter of time is horrible. be strong man

miller821
10-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CDCHONDAS
knowing its just a matter of time is horrible.
True to that.

Is their no treatment at all that could be done? That cux man, and I wish it weren't true.

But explain to me what exactly this disease is cause i've never heard of it b4.

CDCHONDAS
10-11-2006, 08:49 PM
i think its when your lungs keep filling up with fluid

Raptor350yamaha
10-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
[B
Is their no treatment at all that could be done? That cux man, and I wish it weren't true.

But explain to me what exactly this disease is cause i've never heard of it b4. [/B]
Basically you get alot of mucus in your lungs and it damages your lungs over time and it gets harder to breathe. you dont grow much at all either he is 5' 54lbs. The only treatment is lung transplant and he has to weigh 75lbs for that. Not many with that disease lives past 30 and he wont live past 16 acording to the doctor. i dont know much bout it though. try here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis

miller821
10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Raptor350yamaha
Basically you get alot of mucus in your lungs and it damages your lungs over time and it gets harder to breathe. you dont grow much at all either he is 5' 54lbs. The only treatment is lung transplant and he has to weigh 75lbs for that. Not many with that disease lives past 30 and he wont live past 16 acording to the doctor. i dont know much bout it though. try here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis

Oo! ICIC, I just hope he can go through the rest of his life living it out fun, and not in pain.:(

10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear about that...

Their is always hope, thought.

Raptor350yamaha
10-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I just hope the doctors are wrong and he gets a few more years and gains enough weight to get a lung transplant and even graduate high school with us. that would be awsome

awsomeaussies
10-11-2006, 09:26 PM
That's sad to hear:( A kid I know has the same disease... and when he was little, he wasn't supposed to live past the age of 5. Well he's 16 now! And they can't believe it. You never know, maybe a myrical will happen.

Architects
10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Sad to hear. I wish him well. Who knows maybe he will live longer.

LuckyOxygen
10-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear, my little cousin was born with this. They told my aunt (his mother) that he wouldnt even make it to kindergarden. He is now 13 and doing great. He has a permanent chest tube and goes in the hospital once a month. But we just take it as a part of life. They now say he can live to be around 30 which is wonderfull! And to the question about the treatment, there is currtently no cure for it. My cousin has this little machine that he has to get on every night. It's a vest with a breathing mask. The vest vibrates a lot and kind of shakes him to break up he mucus in his lungs. While the mask is just simply to help breathing during the process with usually last around 20 minutes.

WhiteYFZ
10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I just hope the doctors are wrong and he gets a few more years and gains enough weight to get a lung transplant and even graduate high school with us. that would be awsome

hopefully they will figure something out.. this is verry sad to hear.:(

Toadz400
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
That's pretty sad to hear, but hopefully he pulls through and lasts quite a few more years.

There's always hope, my cousin wasn't supposed to live past a few years old and he's currently 30 years old right now and married. As for not growing much, he's got to be at least 6'2" but he doesn't weigh very much, probably 140-150 at most.

Ghost-Rider
10-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Man that sucks.... hopefully he can enjoy the rest of his life.

400exrida06
10-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Thats sad to hear, one of my really good friends cousins has that, i know him and hes really kool, and he also has that machine at nights and hes in the hospital every so often so they can clean out his lungs, its a very sad thing.

Honda TRX250ex
10-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
Sorry to hear about that...

Their is always hope, thought.

DieselBoy
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
that would be the scariest thing in the world knowing your going to die in 1 years time (and you're not sure if you might get lucky and live longer)..Everyday would be a constant hell. My grandfather died from his even earlier than they expected... we didnt see it comin and he was gone shortly after, its brutal. best of luck to him, and hopefully he will curb stomp this and regain a regular life, and look back on it and laugh.

Good luck to ya.

10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
oh man, that is horrible. My best friend since daycare died from luekemia(sp)...anyhow, we raised as much money as we could...but it still wasnt enough, and the part that makes me feel the worst is that he came back to school the week before he died just to say goodbye to everyone, and i was gone on the day he came back....i never got to say goodbye:(

fatkid400
10-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I am sorry to hear about this.I wish I could do somthing!!! Why do good people go so early? I'll keep him in my prayers and hope for the best. I hope he can live life to the fullest befor his time is up.

Raptor350yamaha
10-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for your consern guys. It means alot. He is gonna come to school once a week i think to visit for an hour or so. today he came in i went and saw him hes doin pretty good but he has to have alot of oxygen. They let him drive the police cruiser around the parking lot.

Raptor350yamaha
12-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I havent been on here in a few months but I have some bad news. He died on Sunday morning November 19. Theres just not much I can say. They had the funeral the day before Thanksgiving.
Im gonna miss that kid. Ive been friends with him since kindergarden.

suzukigirl
12-17-2006, 08:40 PM
sorry to hear that....that must really suck...but at least he isn't in pain or anything anymore

flattrack440ex
12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
sorry to hear that....that must really suck...but at least he isn't in pain or anything anymore

i second that. its a very sad thing to hear. try to remember the good times that you guys had together, this may help ease the pain.

WhiteYFZ
12-17-2006, 09:49 PM
:( :(

fasterblaster09
12-18-2006, 08:03 AM
sorry to hear that man:(

miller821
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I havent been on here in a few months but I have some bad news. He died on Sunday morning November 19. Theres just not much I can say. They had the funeral the day before Thanksgiving.
Im gonna miss that kid. Ive been friends with him since kindergarden.
No words can tell you how sorry I am:( , I just hope that he left this world leaving all his burdens behind to find a much better life after death. Sorry to hear, and I hope they can find a cure for this before many more must suffer through it.