PDA

View Full Version : Florence pictures

JOEX
09-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Enjoy...
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jtw_oc/lst?&.dir=/ATV/Florence+7-2002&.src=bc&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jtw_oc/lst%3f%26.dir=/ATV/Florence%2b7-2002%26.src=bc%26.view=t

airheadedduner
09-04-2002, 10:59 PM
When where you at florence, I think I saw your group!!!

JOEX
09-05-2002, 06:29 AM
July 21 - 25. The weather was kind of so-so but we had a blast:D

Joe

airheadedduner
09-05-2002, 09:47 AM
LMAO I was there 20-22, that was the trip I broke my collorbone.

CHAUNCY
09-18-2002, 09:19 PM
hey airheadedduner,
How did you break your collerbone ?

QuadJunkies
09-18-2002, 09:23 PM
JOEX~~~ I was wondering how those mini quads did out there at FLorence??WE are taking our kids out ther next summer..

airheadedduner
09-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
hey airheadedduner,
How did you break your collerbone ?

See the pond?? see the tracks on the other side?? 5th gear pinned:eek:

JOEX
If you remember their where 2 ambulances(sp?) on the 21st, I was in the 1st one:rolleyes:

JOEX
09-19-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
JOEX~~~ I was wondering how those mini quads did out there at FLorence??WE are taking our kids out ther next summer..
They did great. Just watch out for the soft sand, the kids aren't so good at pushing thier quads!LOL! If they have paddles it wont be so bad.

airheaddunner, I don't remember seeing any ambulances. But I may have blocked it out, I made a trip to the E.R. last year:eek: Six stitches in the chin.

Joe

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 10:38 AM
We will have one of the quads with a trinity pipe and giders on the 90cc, so I think she will do ok, but as for the 50cc..well..we will have to see I guess:) AIRHEADEDDUNER~~~~I hope you are feeling better,those darn injuries take FOREVER to heal:(

lil400exman
09-19-2002, 12:56 PM
i know jabber is still not right in the head same goes for rico!:p ;) serious note i am soory airhead get better soon get bak and glide on the wing!!:macho

airheadedduner
09-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Thanks Quadjunkies:) It is getting a lot better, as long as I don't lean against my left side or crash:rolleyes: its okay. Gonna have it x-rayed again in a week to make sure it is still healing okay.

Minis do well at florence. I watched a kid who was 14 climb a big bowl on a TRX90. For minis early to mid summer is better for them. When you start to get to the end of the summer season the sand gets extremely soft. I was at winchester bay monday and even my dad and grandpa's banshee's where getting stuck. You'll know what I am talking about when you get there but at the end of the flats in florence is some fairly mini friendly rideing area. Have fun and NO CRASHING:blah

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 01:58 PM
I used to live in Hebo Ore. years ago, but I cant remember what time of year is the best for good weather ,I know it rains alot there,We were going to go and meet up with a few people on here in Aug. is this not a good time for overly dry sand..??? I know in Aug. the sand was MUCH harder to climb on at St.A's than it was in June..

JOEX
09-19-2002, 09:51 PM
I've only been to Florence twice, end of Aug last year and the end of July this year. I didn't know there could be a difference in the sand from month to month, interesting.
I really want to go to St. A's, maybe next year. When is a good time? Less crowds, decent weather, etc.

Joe

QuadJunkies
09-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Well, I f you dont want to ride with lots of people,DONT go on the holidays especially Memorial Wk. end.the weather is mild ther, so I would go mid summer less chances of rain.We went in Aug, and it was perfect,I would say by July you are out of the woods for rain and wind.You will love it there,miles of riding and BIG DUNES>>>:):)not alot of rules,no DB restrictions either.