PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy subs and amps online?

shano
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Looking for a good place to buy subs and amp for my car, anyone know any good reliable, cheap websites? Thanks all...

monson
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
etronics

FasstMidnightZ
10-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Meh, It is alot better to go into stores but...here ya' go. :ermm:

* www.partsexpess.com *
www.millionbuy.com
www.woofersect.com
www.onlinecarstereo.com
www.hifisoundconnection.com

ingleful
10-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com)

insaneracin2003
10-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com)
yup,they even have a live chat session and they will answer all your questions.i just bought an amp through them and the chat salesman was ADAM,very informative and helped me out a bunch.Got what he told me to order and can iyou say DAYUMMM,my truck sounds great now!!!

ATC Crazy
10-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Crutchfield is #1 :cool:

Dan_Guetter
10-12-2006, 03:11 AM
i have a brand new set of kicker amp and subs in my living room we'd like to sell. we just got our new stuff and dont know what to do with all this other equipement :D

derek

shano
10-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Alright, I think im gonna go with one 12 and a small enough amp for now. Then eventually get a more powerfull amp and add another 12. Any good companys I should go to, any bad ones. Pioneer and whatnot? Probably will be buying off crutchfield...

FasstMidnightZ
10-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Crutchfield isn't as great as everybody makes it out. :ermm: I will say yes they give good customer support ect. But, as for selection and price. There are better sites out there. I guess what I'm saying is that I guess Crutchfield is more for the "new" people in the game. To where as I don't know anyone that is real big into Car audio that buys from Crutchfield..There is just better places. Don't get me wrong, like I said. They are good w/ customer support and willing to help anyone..If your looking for more serious stuff..Your most likely not going to buy from there.

TGW_400ex
10-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by FEAR528
Crutchfield isn't as great as everybody makes it out. :ermm: I will say yes they give good customer support ect. But, as for selection and price. There are better sites out there. I guess what I'm saying is that I guess Crutchfield is more for the "new" people in the game. To where as I don't know anyone that is real big into Car audio that buys from Crutchfield..There is just better places. Don't get me wrong, like I said. They are good w/ customer support and willing to help anyone..If your looking for more serious stuff..Your most likely not going to buy from there.

Hes basically trying to say crutchfield rips you off which is 100% true. Shop around on other sites. I got my solobaric L7 15 for 220 dollars on another site. Works perfect and I've had it for over a year. Crutchfield wants 400 dollars for a L7 12!

jetta75
10-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Before you buy anything online verifiey with the manufacturer that the online seller is authorized to sell. Don't take the online sellers word for it. Any body can find a great deal online till the thing breaks and you find out the online seller is not authorized and you have no warranty. Been in Audio/video repair business for almost 8 years and see it every now and then.

FasstMidnightZ
10-14-2006, 11:36 AM
^^ Some of the manufacture sites will actually tell you the authorized sites and non authorized. Its pretty helpful. ;)

PismoLocal
10-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I buy most of my car audio through www.Sounddomain.com. They have way better prices then crutchfield, awesome costumer service, and a huge forum that you can go on to ask questions. If i dont buy from sounddomain I usaully buy from Amazon.com.

10-14-2006, 12:08 PM
My friend just bought two 12's and an 800 watt amp for $350. They are Alpine and they're pretty good. But I doubt you'll find a deal for 350. He bought it from his cousin's girlfriend and talked her down from 500 to 350. He's wanting to sell them and I might buy them for same price. :macho But, Alpine and JL are the only ones that I have past experience with, and they're worth the money. Enough thump, but you can still understand the words in the song.

EDIT: I'd try Ebay if you don't want to spend a fortune. Watch out for the subs that are like 3 dollars. The shipping is incredibly high and might a tax on it.

FasstMidnightZ
10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
EDIT: I'd try Ebay if you don't want to spend a fortune. Watch out for the subs that are like 3 dollars. The shipping is incredibly high and might a tax on it. Yeah, that is happening on cell phones too. The price will about about $60, then shipping is another $80..Just an easy way to get people to think its lower than it is..:ermm:

Tom TRX250R
10-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Crutchfield by far the best place to buy electronics. I just spent almost $2K in amps/subs/ head unit and they were great. Excellent customer service and great prices!!