PDA

View Full Version : tippy?

Predatorguy88
10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Banshee, and I was looking at the specs, and they are just about the same width as a 300ex. I'm just curious if they are tippy, because my 300ex would go on it's side like no one's business, although it was fun to ride on two wheels on one side. I ride a lot of sand pits, and trails, and was just curious if it tips easily or not when cornering and such.

When I say tippy, I dont necessrily mean actually rolling over, I mean even just popping up on two wheels rather than kicking the rear end out, stuff like that, just lack of a better word.

Thanks

bansheexcracer2
10-11-2006, 07:57 PM
They really arnt that tippy. If you fell it kinda starting to go, just hit the throttle and you can usually break the rearend loose. Mine is for sale if you are interested, look in the yamaha for sale section.

250r4life
10-11-2006, 10:14 PM
no they are not tippy, especially if you are on the throttle- which is the only way to ride a banshee in the 1st place... well, i guess that goes for every ATV anyhow but no, they are not typsy like say a raptor or anything..

firefighterjosh
10-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Yup like everyone said they are not tippy. suspension is OK stock but put some shocks on there and you have a high Horsepower caddy:D

flip73
10-12-2006, 05:11 AM
As they guys above said adding some good suspension to the Banshee make it handle MUCH better. Plus, that 300 probably felt like that because their stock tires are like balloons and that motor doesn't always have the grunt to break them loose that well. Even a bone stock Banshee (if you can fine one lol) has more than twice the hp - don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on the 300 - they're good machines, but they have very little in common with the Banshee and are a totally different ride. Buy the Banshee and hang on...and have fun.

450rJam
10-12-2006, 07:41 PM
dont forget about the seat.............those things are like a couch, so soft.
like a couch with a afterburner lol

Joe250x
10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I have to agree here. I have a 250x and my neighbor has a banshee both stock width and suspension. the banshee is way less tippy than the 250x/300ex. i also like playing around and seeing how far i can get on either the 2 left wheels or the two right wheels and i can go farther on the banshee. that leads me to believe that they are more predictible and controlable than the 300ex.

dont forget about the seat.............those things are like a couch, so soft.
I soo agree with that statement

banshee84
10-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Not really tippy. Get a set of 2+3 front rims and your set

Mxjunkie
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
I've never ridden a stock banshee but I know mine with a +4 lsr axle and front offsets isnt to bad..

a huge improvement is front suspension, the stock shock's are VERY soft and the front end tend's to dive in the corners. I have yfz front suspension on mine and it handles amazinly better!

Creech52
11-03-2006, 06:38 PM
well Im gonna be a little differnt here. Banshee's usually arent tippy but with the right tires you gotta watch out. I had RazR2s on my ex banshee :( and if you caught them just right it would buck up on two wheels especially when there was good traction to be had. On gravel and loose youll never get it tippy. And of course its rider input to that makes a quad more or less tippy. Some bikes need more body language than others. And word of advice dont get drunk and try to whip a banshee around in your yard at night with razr2's....hehe found that out the hard way (it was still fun) :devil: