PDA

View Full Version : Another Attack On Atv's!!!!! Please Read!!!!

Crashmore 22
10-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Geraldo At Large on Fox just aired a show about KILLER ATV's. I am asking each of you to go to their website and express your feelings about them airing the show. Networks only care about ratings so, DON'T tell them "that they are sorry sob", that will only enitce them, instead tell them that you and everyone you know will NEVER watch their show again.

IT's time to take a stand, because if we ALL don't, we will return to the days of NO NEW sport quads and the factories will run away from the race tracks once again!!!!

www.geraldoatlarge.com/the-show.php

The link probably doesn't work, so just type it in!!
We all need to unite to save our quads.

exrider008
10-11-2006, 03:49 PM
what chanel is this going to be on and what time. this kind of chit pisses me off:mad:

Crashmore 22
10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
It just went off. It was on Fox. Email the show and tell them how you feel. I'm not usually an activist but I'm tired of the quad bashing by the media.

exrider008
10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
what kind of stuff did they say

10-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
what kind of stuff did they say

They called you fat. :eek:

exrider008
10-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
They called you fat. :eek:

good one:huh

10-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
good one:huh

Thanks. :) But, the link worked for me...I think. So there's one email you know that'll be sent.

SRH
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
im not so sure it was all bad, seemed more like look its parental trouble thats causing these kids injuries. or thats the sense i got from the article in the blog section

Crashmore 22
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
They said that all atv's should be banned and that the manufactures were lacking on the age requirements for machines over 90cc. The main story was about a 14 year old that was NOT wearing a helmet, was riding a 500cc quad, he hit a tree and was killed. I'm sorry for the loss, but atv's don't kill people, stupid people kill themselves on atvs.

exrider008
10-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Thanks. :) But, the link worked for me...I think. So there's one email you know that'll be sent.

no problem;) and make that 2 e-mails

SRH
10-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22
They said that all atv's should be banned and that the manufactures were lacking on the age requirements for machines over 90cc. The main story was about a 14 year old that was NOT wearing a helmet, was riding a 500cc quad, he hit a tree and was killed. I'm sorry for the loss, but atv's don't kill people, stupid people kill themselves on atvs.

christ

exrider008
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
read it here

http://www.geraldoatlarge.com/blog.php

Ralph
10-11-2006, 04:08 PM
"The Show about the "Killer ATV's" was absurd and i will never watch your program again. That is really all i have to say besides that i am disgusted. I used to think your program was very good show but you have lost me.

It WAS nice watching your program,
-Ralph Nuss"

I didnt even see it:)

Crashmore 22
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I just saw where someone on here said it would air tonight at midnight on the east coast.

onefast400ex
10-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I just sent them a long email and I didn't see it;)

klutchbuster250
10-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Dear : Geraldo

I saw your show about the dangers of Atv's and I am disgusted with what you have said.Atv's are not as dangerous as you say they are, I and almost 20 of my closest friend own atv's and we have not had any injuries of any sort , yes they can be harmful but only to those that aren't careful.Yes people do get hurt but the majority of those that are injured are the dimwits that don't wear helmets and are racing up and down public street whit no regard to there safety or of others, just cause a couple of morons wreck doesn't mean it should punish the rest of us by getting riding land taken away and giving us a bad reputation just because of those few that choose to act recklessly.Also the people of this sport are caring and fear for the safety of others . If only you and the rest of the reporters that are trying to stop this sport would have a clue of how we really are, if you would talk to someone that owns an Atv you probly wouldn't know he/she owns one, the mature rider are always in forcing the helmet rule and to not disturb others.And im not going to lie they can be dangerous but only in the posesion of a person who wishes to act crazy and have total disregard for others and his own safety, Im going to say one phrase that should some up my opinion."Stupid hurts" and it shouldn't affect us, those who truly love this sport and take caution in doing it so please stop trying to shut this sport down.

sincerely
An Atv rider
that wut i wrote him and im only 14:D i think more kids my age should take the same intrest as me in trying to save this sport

killerofcrows48
10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
omg the kids parents want stricter regulations, its their fault their kid died, they were the ones that let him on it and didnt pay attention!! :mad:

killerofcrows48
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
make that 6 emails...(i think)

bayou boy
10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
another 1 sent

Phills450r
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
i sent one and i don't think they will finish reading it :)

**** geraldo :o

Pappy
10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Yet again, we pass judgement on a product and allow the responsibilty of the PARENTS to go un checked. A person under 16 allowed on a 500cc atv, riding with out the minimum of safety equipment wrecks and dies. While this is indeed tragic, nature has a way of weeding out those not smart enough to use common sense to keep themselves safe. The parents are more to blame then the manufacture.

I wonder if he will read it:p

250R-Dee
10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about Geraldo because everybody knows he is an IDIOT:huh .

Now if this would have appeared on Dateline, Dr Phil or Opray you guys should start worrying.

But please continue to bombard him with replies to his sensationalized inaccuracies because I will be doing the same :chinese:

DieselBoy
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
the tree huggers are going to have a FEAST with that one.

crazedape
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I watched the show and I have seen so much worse bashing that I didn't think what he said was as bad. They mainly want to ban riders under the age of 16. Geraldo also went on to say that anyone under the age of 16 should be required to take a safety course and get a license. On the lake you would have to do that so I don't see it so absurd to make that a law. You really have no idea how bad things hurt until it happens to you. I am not sticking up for everything he said just a couple of his arguments weren't awful. Non riders always have a way of having incorrect information but they did go talk to the atvsafety people. The funny thing is that reporter, I think he really liked riding that Z-400.

10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I like his stash.

:huh

coolguy8769
10-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22
I just saw where someone on here said it would air tonight at midnight on the east coast.

yes i did but apparently no one reads my posts...... :rolleyes: :p

crazedape
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
It came on at 7:30pm here in Georgia on Fox5

Aceman
10-11-2006, 06:48 PM
You mean Geraldo is still on TV!?!? Why do they keep giving the idiots a microphone and their own TV show??

400exrider99
10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
the companys arent to blame at all. as far as im concerned the blame goes to the parents and kids solely. the fact that he wasnt wearing a helmet is the dumbest thing. the smae type of incadent happened in one of the places that i ride. a young kid was riding a 500 polaris and hit a big "jump" and fliped the quad and broke his back or something like that and just about closed riding in the aera down. it sucks that they got hurt and died but come on people think about what your ding before you do it.

Doober
10-11-2006, 08:37 PM
yea, they got an email from here too:grr:

Kirt13
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Alright, I just sent in a complaint myself.

redlineranger
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
this a war we will never win. the reporters and critics of ATV's will NEVER give up. its just like the name calling war when it comes to racism, i see no end in sight with that. its just like us over there fighting them damn ragheads that will NEVER stop killing each other and blowing other peoples sh*t up. if every one of these reporters that bash on us quad riders, would take some time off, buy them some good safety gear, and just ride some trails, they would see how safe they can be with a responsible rider on it. if they would come out to a MX track and see the environment, and see how everyone and there brother wears their helmets and boots and other what nots, then they would not have a thing to say to us.

the only thing that makes ATV's dangerous is the rider.

Kirt13
10-11-2006, 08:44 PM
That's mostly true, but you still have to fight.

Architects
10-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Hahah geraldo. THis guy is such a tool. Ive caught a couple of his shows and he reports the most bogus made up crap Ive ever seen.

Warlord
10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I sure gave them a piece of my mind, I kept it civilized in the hopes that they wouldn't delete it after reading the first sentence. Do you think they actually read these?

PolarisRider06
10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
i sent a really really long e-mail about how the companies arent to blame and its mainly parents and impropper upbringing in the sport, also i added that most people in the sport who do ride responsibly and wear helmets and have propper experience in the sport probably have stories of when their helmet possibly saved their lives, or at least prevented serious injury. and i threw in if they were going to continue to attack the atv industry they should turn away from the companies and focus on the parents, possibly bringing in the massachusettes family who let their kid ride a 500 without a helmet and question them on why they allowed it.

and to top it all off i said i along with many other atv riders and internet site members will no longer be watching the show and that i hope all other people who are into ATV's, Dirtbikes and Snowmobiles, no matter if they own or borrow machines or are just followers of the sports, should do the same as i and never watch the show again.

i hope everyone on this site sends them something, 50,000 different people all saying the same thing would deffinately get a point across

Crashmore 22
10-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone for sending your emails to them. Although we may never truley win the war against the bad press, I refuse to keep listening to that crap and not say anything. Tell your friends, family members, and anyone else that is against the bad atv press to tell fox their feelings towards airing that crap. Thanks again.

rbgnwa45
10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
I sent in a complaint :devil: That guy looks like a douch also :p

trick250r
10-12-2006, 07:51 AM
i said that if they want to ban ATV's- because we have to be equal oppurtunity- they must ban automobiles, plains, trains, busses, or any other pieces of machinery that an intoxicated or under-age human being can operate. i also suggested that if no one watches this show and the ratings drop, that they could always air a show about people with creatures living on thier upper lip. it would probably be an interesting one.

Toadz400
10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
"October 11, 2006

Dangers of ATV Riding

posted by Editor at 9:00 am ET

ATV RiderAre ATV’s too dangerous for kids? The number of four-wheel ATVs in use the United States has increased from just more than 2 million to more than 6.9 million in the past decade.

In 2004, more than 136,000 people have gone to the hospital with ATV-related injuries, many life altering. More than a third of those injured were 16 or younger.

Many of the children lacked the proper training or were not wearing a protective helmet or gear when the accident occurred. Most common injuries happened when children were riding ATV’s made for adults.

The ATV industry claims it has gotten better at policing itself , but Carolyn and Tom Anderson said they experienced first -hand how a quick spin by a youngster, who has no training, can be deadly.

After the death of their son, the Anderson's joined the parents of ATV accident victims to lobby for stricter federal regulations. (Or how about lobby for parents who actually take responsibility for their lack of parenting)

At Large tells you what every parents needs to know to keep their child safe! (How about give them instruction? Proper safety equipment, oh and how about just being a real parent)

Plus, does all that corporate talk get you confused? At Large explains what that business jargon means in plain-speak. (Good job on calling all your viewers stupid, I bet they won't even pick up on that)

Tune into America’s Fastest Growing News Magazine for the details. "

Reading that just made me sick, I can't believe the stupidity of some people. People will go out of their way and go through so much more trouble to try and save the parents from taking the blame, which they should.

Mxjunkie
10-12-2006, 01:22 PM
It wasnt too bad, in our local paper one of our higher up guys in our county called us

" rednecks " lol