PDA

View Full Version : pro peg nerfs

mxduner
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
does anybody know if the pro pegs reposition their pegs differentaly than stock locations?

chris46250r
10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes they do. I dont remember if they are lower but they are back about one inch. You will need to shorten the shifter and brake lever. Feels much better for MX.

250R-Dee
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Yes they do. I dont remember if they are lower but they are back about one inch. You will need to shorten the shifter and brake lever. Feels much better for MX.

Nobody shortens their brake lever. Since the foot goes above the brake lever shortening is not needed. If you have a small boot size you might need a -1 shifter to make up-shifting feel more comfortable.

Kirt13
10-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Pro-Peg nerfs are for a Pro-Peg frame. They will not fit on a stock frame. I do not know of any modifications to make them fit.
As far as I know, the only thing that you can do is what I did. My frame was sent off to LoneStar and they totaly re-did it with gusets and a Pro-Peg nerf mod.

dirt mcgirt
10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
so i guess my ac pro pegs for my 86 frame dont exist?

mxduner
10-11-2006, 06:26 PM
it is the ac pro pegs i was talking about, i thought i read years ago they moved them rearward and down, seems the 2 different shifters i have are way to short for my clumbsy feet i thought this would be a great mod and my nerfs are SHOT anyhow:D

250R-Dee
10-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Kirt - you are almost correct since "Pro pegs" is a design. Pro pegs replace the OEM footpegs while the AC original nerfs mount to the OEM pegs.

You can either have a pegged frame or use the adpater to mount the Pro Pegs to an OEM style peg mounts.

Two types of Pro Pegs:
(1) Pegged frames
(2) adapters for OEM peg mounts

Kirt13
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Kirt - you are almost correct since "Pro pegs" is a design. Pro pegs replace the OEM footpegs while the AC original nerfs mount to the OEM pegs.

You can either have a pegged frame or use the adpater to mount the Pro Pegs to an OEM style peg mounts.

Two types of Pro Pegs:
(1) Pegged frames
(2) adapters for OEM peg mounts
Not to get off the original question but maybe this will help also, I have a pegged frame. What type of nerfs will I need?

Kirt13
10-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Here is a pic of my frame. It has pegs in the middle and front.
Is this what your frame looks like mxdunner?

86 Quad R
10-11-2006, 08:13 PM
the AC pro pegs nerfs that i have move the peg locations to the rear about an inch and a half. they were originally on an R that i bought for my son. it had a shortened chrome shifter on it.

mxduner
10-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Kirt13
Here is a pic of my frame. It has pegs in the middle and front.
Is this what your frame looks like mxdunner? kirt13 thanx for the reply,however, i was talking about just the nerfs integrated foot pegs that ac pro pegs have on them,nothing like what you have.

dirt mcgirt
10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
tried putting my 86 nerfs on my lsr frame after drilling new bolt holes in the footpeg mount and my brake lever wont adjust down to where it should be.does anyone know if a diffferent brake lever like on arens can be used?

250R-Dee
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
'86-'87 Pro Peg mount

250R-Dee
10-11-2006, 10:05 PM
'88-'89 Pro Peg mount - Non-pegged after market frames use the mounts like this. This is a pic of my Arens frame.

250R-Dee
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Installed Pro Pegs on my Quad. The front stay attaches to the front engine mount like on the AC Original nerfs.

dirt mcgirt
10-11-2006, 11:11 PM
my lsr dont have 86 mounts or up for foot pegs or mounts for the engine like stock frames.guess lsr uses ther own footpegs?gonna weld my own bar on the frame for the nerfs.then again i got a modified lsr frame with a 500 linkage dont know what i bought?but it works awesome

250R-Dee
10-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Post a pic of your frame. I do believe there were a couple aftermarket frames that used their own peg mounts but most used the '88-'89 mounts.

chris46250r
10-12-2006, 05:14 AM
Nobody shortens their brake lever. Since the foot goes above the brake lever shortening is not needed. If you have a small boot size you might need a -1 shifter to make up-shifting feel more comfortable.

Nobody??? Thats an awful big group of people. I guess your one of those that if you dont do it nobody does, or should do it.

86 Quad R
10-12-2006, 06:20 AM
i think he ment that it is some what senseless to shorten the brake pedal as apposed to the shifter. :D :blah:

10-12-2006, 07:45 AM
i have AC pro pegs on my stock 87 frame, they were just like my banshee pro pegs, didnt change where the peg was, you just put 2 bolts where the peg went on and there is like a bar that you bolt on and then slide the pro pegs over it and then bolt to the frame and your done.....i love pro pegs

250R-Dee
10-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Since the brake pedal is only used in a downward motion it is not necessary to shorten the pedal unless you have elf size feet.

The shifter is a different story! It is easy to mis-shift if the shifter is placed too far forward on the foot since more foot travel is needed as the pedal is place farther forward on the foot. This also gives a rather clumsy and unnatural shifter feel.

chris46250r
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Since the brake pedal is only used in a downward motion it is not necessary to shorten the pedal unless you have elf size feet.

The shifter is a different story! It is easy to mis-shift if the shifter is placed too far forward on the foot since more foot travel is needed as the pedal is place farther forward on the foot. This also gives a rather clumsy and unnatural shifter feel.

Dude calm down! I know how a brake pedal works, I wear size 12 boots, I shortened my brake lever and I dont give a crap if you think it is pointless. You can do whatever with your lever, dont worry about mine. ..!.,