PDA

View Full Version : lighten flywheel?

lost boyz
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
has anyone installed a lighten flywheel?

and did it make a difference????

would it be good for trail riding and sometime ripping around the feilds with friends????

thanks for any help...

10-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by lost boyz
has anyone installed a lighten flywheel?

and did it make a difference????

would it be good for trail riding and sometime ripping around the feilds with friends????

thanks for any help...

trail riding stock is good. Lighter fly wheel lets the rpm's go up and down alot faster so it gets alot more torqy but since the fly wheel is lighter it can stall easier.

cory
10-11-2006, 09:53 PM
What he said. Good for flat track, bad for trail riding. Lets your moda turn alot quicker, but then it doesn't have that inertia it had before which can make it stall with bad jetting or lugging a gear or locking up the back wheels.

cals400ex
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
i wouldn't do it. my 426 was quite a bit slower with this mod.

browng31
10-13-2006, 04:59 PM
My flywheel is 12 ounces lighter than stock and it revs really quick, with a 41mm carb and high comp piston it really raps up quick, I'm not sure how it would perform on a stocker but mine does stall more that it used to, kind of annoying but when you have push button start why not?? And if you get it done by a machine shop make sure they're good about balancing them, they can cause a bad vibration if they're a little lop-sided.