PDA

View Full Version : 06 piston change every 15 hrs.????

KrazyKeith
10-11-2006, 05:51 AM
I bet I have at least 60-70 hours on my quad all hillclimbs and drag racin lots of wide open dirt roads and wheelies to the moon, I don't think I need a piston yet I'm not burnin much oil no krazy noises inside just pure arm rippin power. Why do they want you to change the piston so much. I plan on it but how do you know you need it? Anybody had any piston problems with high hour 06's?

ALLUWANT
10-11-2006, 07:09 AM
well i have an 05 and they say your suppose to re ring it every 30 to 40 hrs and then new piston around every 80 or so for max performance and no major damage. my buddies started using a lot of oil so thats when we changed his but mine i bet i had 300+ hrs on it and it never used a drop. but it started to get noisy so i changed it.

gbcap
10-11-2006, 07:19 AM
i think its one of those things...if they tell you x and you don't do it and something happens to your motor then they aren't responsible for any damages. kinda covering thier butt on a high performance motor.

i wish i had the time/money/resources to rebuild my motor every 15 hours. right now i am hoping my motor lasts till the end of the year so i can rebuild it this winter.

rwgtar68
10-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I have a 04 with quite a few miles on it, I never replaced the piston or rings yet, but it consumes a lot of oil. the exhaust doesnt look dark or smell like its burning oil. I can tell a differance in oil level just from 1 day of riding, should I rebuild it???