PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Kansas?

IMSROLL450R
10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Anyone ride in southeast Kansas I can't find hardly anywhere to ride around here.

peacefrog
10-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Whats up, how far southeast are you? a few places around manhattan butt not to close to you

Locknload82
10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
We race at Timberrun MX which is 5 miles east of sheldon MO, which is 10 miles north of Lamar. Should be about 40 min drive from Pittsburg. The last race of the fall series is this sat. (oct 21). Its a great track, 1.5 miles long. everything from big tabletops to 70' doubles.

They will then have practice days scheduled where you can go ride, but only on the days scheduled, you cant just show up and ride whenever. You can find directions and a schedule on their website at timberrunmx.com

There used to be a track east of pittsburg called Freddy Vans, wonder whatever happend to that?

There is also a track at Baxter Springs, not sure about web site or schedule. We've been there a couple of times, track was not kept up as good as timberrun and quads were an afterthought, they mainly catered to bikes.

Heard there is a new track at Miami OK, dont know about it yet.

If you like trails, Chadwick is southeast of Springfield MO. would be a 2 1/2 hour drive for you though.

peacefrog
10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Ride at finger lake just north of columbia have a pretty cool trac, heard of chadwich its about 5 to 6 hour drive from hear. Heard its a cool place to ride they got campsite by the trails. Our team (team dirt devils) have talked about going up ther for a team ride

IMSROLL450R
10-19-2006, 09:30 AM
I got on the timberrun website but didnt see any practice times. I have only had my R for about 2 months and I really want to get it on a track. Let me know if you know when you can just go ride. I also heard about the Chadwick place but I've never been I think some of my buddies with 450rs and some z400s are gonna go down there sometime I think I might go it sounds fun. I mainly want to get it on a track though and see what it will do ive basically done everything else. Is there anything I HAVE to have to ride and timberrun other than money and a helmet? Thanks

peacefrog
10-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Theres no ride time at finger lake, I think they groom it on friday an let everyone ride all week an all weekeand. Every time I go up the trac is pretty nice

Locknload82
10-20-2006, 06:34 AM
I will try to find out saturday what days they are going to have practice after the racing season is over and post back. If you get a chance come over saturday! bikes race at 11:30, quads at 2.

To race at timberrun you need nerf bars and a teather kill switch. they may let that slide at a practice if its your first time there. If you are there look me up, my sons race a 300ex # 365 and a 426ex # 265. I am usually on a Rancher (Timberrun Towtruck) flagging during races.

If you go to Chadwick email me at eclaw6185@hotmail.com I can give you some detailed instructions on how to get there and what to do once you get there. Its really rocky, so if you dont like rock dings on your wheels you may not like it. Aftermarket skid plates are a real good idea.

Locknload82
10-22-2006, 07:13 AM
didnt find out anything about practice dates yesterday at Timberrun. It was raining, the track was sloppy, but they had already started racing so we went ahead and finished.

The track owners were having a bad day with all the rain, so I didnt ask them about practice. I will wait a few days to give them some time and then will ask on their website. The banquet on Nov. 4th is for people who raced in the fall series only.