PDA

View Full Version : Jet size?

04exking
10-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Right now I am at a 165 but I am throwing on an lrd pipe and stage one hot cam so please help. Dont know which size to get. Also how many more mphs do you think that I will get.

400eXr1d3rZ
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
You won't gain any MPH, but you will gain torque and horsepower, Put a 158 main jet and 42 pilot, that should get you off to a good start, see how the plug looks after you rejet (use brand new plug after jetting). Put the pilot to a 42 and leave it like that, 42 pilot is perfect. 158 main sounds about right too.

04exking
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
will a stage 2 give me extra mphs

Roman
10-11-2006, 04:21 AM
smaller sprocket on back or bigger sprocket on front = higher mph if you have enough power to achiever top RPM's.

Increased rev limit = higher mph again if you have enough power to achiever top RPM's.

Engine mods without increasing the rev limit will only get you to the same top speed faster and help you maintain that top speed easier. However having the engine mods should allow you to be able to run a higher gear ratio without feeling like you lost all of your bottom end power. You have to find the right balance of power vs. gear ratio for the conditions. When you can do that perfectly, I'm sure there are about a million race teams that will want to talk to you. Good luck.

Roman

vett_09
10-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Roman is right. If you want more MPH's, get a rev box. Just don't buy the White Brothers box, it's a piece of junk. Good luck, Jason