PDA

View Full Version : lt-r V. harley

hard one
10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
So i have a bet going with a guy at my work.
he used to race motor cycles

He thinks that all atvs are slow and has a harley and wants to race me because i can beat a honda shadow in a 1/4 mile drag.

So i put a couple hundred more into my atv to get it to have a higher top speed and more power.

With a cherry bomb,rossier over sized drag pipe,JE high compression piston(14:1),JT 15 tooth sprocket,uni filter with custom intake and efi controller.

With out the piston in it had 62 hp and all i know is that a 14:1 piston adds torq and top end power so i dont know how much it has now but it is close.

His harley has an open filter and pipes with jet kit his has around 74 hp. (normal 1999)

He has tons of extras like windshield, bags and all this weight adding stuff.

I dont know how it will turn out but all i know is that i am going to take off full throttle like a bat out of hell!

I am going to get it on film and it will be on the street so it will be an even race.

Any body think they know how it will end?

pelphrey
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't know the outcome. But I would be putting my money on the ltr. What efi controller are you running by chance?

bigH
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
i am with u on this one i think ur gonna kick his *** of the start he might start coming round in top end but i think ur ltr will hold him off in the end....good luck

hard one
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Thats the thing i need to ordering one tomarrow and i cant decide between white bros or dobeck.

I just put my piston in and am cleaning the head and valves.

All i have left to do is put it all back on.

hard one
10-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I know i will take take him at the start but i think he will catch me up top like you guys said. His 5th gear is about 50mph i know my 5th gear is way above that with my gearing.

I went to my local sand drag to test out my pipe and gearing and man did it pull i ran ahead of most banshee's with pipe jet,reeds and stator.

I was running with the drag quads i could beat all of them off the start becuase we were in deep sand and they had 16-36 gearing with 23-24 inch sand tires and couldnt pull threw it as fast but some passed me up top i cant wait to ride it with the high comp piston.

The piston is nice and chrome with deep valve pockets and when it hits TDC the dome goes flush with the top of the cylinder.

Have to run at least 110 octane

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by hard one
Thats the thing i need to ordering one tomarrow and i cant decide between white bros or dobeck.

I just put my piston in and am cleaning the head and valves.

All i have left to do is put it all back on.

Ok I have to raise the BS flag here. http://www.postnetlnc.com/Emoticons/bsflag.gif

You're so full of it your eyes are brown.

A few weeks ago supposedly the piston was in and you had all this compression and all these mods. You were bragging about how fast your quad was with this setup.

Now you're saying you haven't installed it yet and you don't have a controller but you have had all of that in your sig for quite some time now. By the way I still havent seen a map that you supposedly have that looks very like my map. I wonder why that is?

You really need to grow up and stop trying to impress people with BS. You'll gain a lot more respect that way.

By the way what EFI controller are you running?

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Let's see if I can refresh your memory here:

If any off you z-400 guys want to drag you want be able to touch this lt-r 450
Even the z-440 and 450 kits cant touch this. I have gained 15 hp with this engine kit and exhaust.

[/B]

And here is another one:

I have a highly modded lt-r450 with a good rider on it(me)!

Now go back and look at the dates on those posts.

I'd like to know how you gained 15hp on that date without all the mods you supposedly are installing right now.

BUSTED!

I just hate to see someone blowing smoke up peoples butt. How about that map or even a Dyno sheet showing your AFR. Still haven't seen that yet.

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Good one. So you can't defend yourself and now are stooping to name calling.

The true colors are now coming out now that you're busted.

How about it. See if you can explain yourself out of this one brother.

By the way I have a reputation on this site and it's a good one. Let's go back and look at your posts and see how many people agree with me.

Seems to me you're the only one with a problem with me but quite a few people have a problem with you and it's all for the same reason "BS".

N.J.C.
10-10-2006, 08:56 PM
LMAO.....

Al - I'm willing to bet you've forgotten more about quads than this guy will ever know.

Hard one - It's not what you think you know.....it's what you can prove.

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 08:57 PM
OOPS! I see you decided to delete your responses to this post. Hard to keep up with all those lies isn't it? They have a habbit of coming back and biting you in the rear end.

OutCast
10-10-2006, 09:11 PM
^^^^^^AMEN^^^^^

hard one
10-10-2006, 09:11 PM
It is easy to say people are B.sing when i just said some guys at my work thought it wuld be fun to drag a bike agints a modded quad since i was bring my parts in to clean sorry to bs you if you dont like what i am saying then to bad!

How can i prove i am going to race this guy and how can i prove it to you and why should i care if you dont belive me i was just seing if it was a good idea by asking other lt-r owners what they thought cause i think it could go ehtier way.

if you dont believe please come to missouri and go to st,joe state park i will show you every thing and i will even race you.

I really dont care if other people dont like me i dont whant evry one to like me i just say it how i see it,

Every body got mad when i posted the hp for the lt-r but it was right!

A few guys just pm me saying something about you be crazy and not to trust any thing you say that you have no credibility!

I Know for sure this guy has forgotten alot but will never know as much as me i have been in to engines all my life went to college in engine repair passed, built some for a while cars and atvs.

I have rebuilt restored more cars trucks and atvs ,motor cycles than he has owned so prove that you guys know what you are talkin about and get back to me on that,

Thanks to the two guys who justed answered my questions straight up, now i have alittle more faith in racing this guy!

I am done with my lt-r now time to start rebuilind my dream car 1979 trans am 455

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:14 PM
OK now your'e trying to post more BS. How about posting the PMs. You can't because they don't exist. By the way I hope you know you just opened up a whole can of Whoop A%$ for yourself!

Who said anything about racing this guy. I'm talking about your mods. More BS to try and stear this conversation in another direction.

Care to use a bigger shovel? You'll get there faster.

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:22 PM
By the way since you've built so many cars and stuff how about explaining all your mods and how you are going to obtain all this hp and be specific as to what the mods are and who you are getting them from.

This should be interesting!

hard one
My shop knows i have them my bro does because he helped me put it in, my dog seen them mabey you want to ask her!

Want are you ganna do kick my but !

You probally are old slow i would just cripple you call the cops say you tried to hit me , then take you to court take all your money and your quad.

Make shure you dont mess with people with money and power you wont live long!

This is again the people we had and have fighting for us Fing stupid war pigs, your just giving the military a bad name, we might as well have the insane or apes fighting they might get things done for once!

mxquadracer
A few guys just pm me saying something about you be crazy and not to trust any thing you say that you have no credibility!

Well this is all kind of silly, but I can vouch for Al's credibility

N.J.C.
10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
i have been in to engines all my life went to college in engine repair passed, built some for a while cars and atvs.

[/B]

You should have taken more English in college and less engine repair....your grammar leaves alot to be desired.

hard one
10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
what like doing a 5 way valve jod port and polish stuff like that the key is to know how a engine works to get it to perform to its best!

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Once again skirting the issue. People like you are all alike. When they get cornered with all the lies they get aggressive.

Oh I'm really scared now can't you tell?

Didn't think you could talk your way out of it, so you're trying another tactic huh?

How about it let's hear an explination of your mods.

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Nope, tell me about where you are getting each mod.

NormalZ
10-10-2006, 09:26 PM
You probally are old slow i would just cripple you call the cops say you tried to hit me , then take you to court take all your money and your quad.

This is again the people we had and have fighting for us Fing stupid war pigs, your just giving the military a bad name, we might as well have the insane or apes fighting they might get things done for once!
What a stupid thing to say. You're just showing your intelligence level, right there.

By the way, what kind of piston do you have? You were putting down 62Hp before the piston install?

hard one
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Never took college english took some in high school wasnt my strong point but small engines and drafting was!

Thanks for pointing that out i will have to work on that .

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
POOF! and the magic begins! This is about to get very interesting.

By the way what have you done for society lately?

hard one
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Its a Je high comp piston .

Comes with two Je stickers rings pin and clips

NormalZ
10-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Its a Je high comp piston .

Comes with two Je stickers rings pin and clips

Ooookay, so what's this BS in your sig?

Hard One
KandK LT-R 450
C.R.B.M
Rossier high comp piston 14 to 1
Rosseir full exhaust
Side winder sand tires
tusk nerfs
pro armor skid
fly bars
efi controller
15 tooth jt sprocket

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:33 PM
OOPS! I know how he's going to try and explain this one. How do I know? Well I know how people like him think that's how.

BCGIrish
10-10-2006, 09:36 PM
:eek2: Al your the best.

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Does anyone else here those crickets?

By the way I dont' see anyone here stepping up to the plate for you. Where are those guys with the PMs.

Rule #1 by the way is "Know your enemy".

YES! I just became your enemy.

In case you can't figure out why here it is:

My shop knows i have them my bro does because he helped me put it in, my dog seen them mabey you want to ask her!

Want are you ganna do kick my but !

It's evident that you don't have a clue.

Now no Mod in his right mind would even think about letting someone like you get away with this, especially when saying it to someone who has fought for his country and has had bullets flying past his head so idiots like you can spout BS like this. It's just that people like me will call BS when they see BS. I have a feeling they are going to let some of the military members here handle it.

Have you ticked me off? Of course not. If you tick me off you'll know it. As for having power and money I'll say it again "Know your enemy".

With all this I'll bid everyone good night. I suspect this thread is going to get VERY interesting.

LuckyOxygen
10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by AL Elks
OOPS! I know how he's going to try and explain this one. How do I know? Well I know how people like him think that's how.

Oh wait! I know I know!! He probably has one for the intake valves and one for the exhaust for his 5 way valve jod!

I'm a long time reader, but seldom poster. On more than just this site, I can vouch for this guy Al. I HIGHLY doubt you got those pm's. If you are even old enough to already be through "college", you should be far more mature than the way you are acting. I mean come one, just chill. You got caught in a lie. Leave it at that!

NormalZ
10-10-2006, 09:49 PM
By the way, Hard One, JE only makes two standard bore pistons for the LTR, and 14:1 ain't one of 'em. In fact, JEs stop at a certain compression. So, there's only one logical way to get that compression from one of their pistons - care to explain?

AL Elks
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I know, I know but I ain't tellin! :D

LuckyOxygen
10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Me too, but I'll keep quiet on this one. Let the "mechanic" tell us seeing how he has went through college.....

Yea I just wanted to add to the whole fighting for our country thing. That was low....

JetTech
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Wrong guys to Pi55 off Hard one.

PeeWee21
10-11-2006, 03:58 AM
Uh....me have LTR450...it run fast....it has mods.....fast mods....me a fast rider....me better than Gust....me can spell....me can lie....but me CAN NOT tell the truth! lol

That's about what i gather from all your B.S.....if you have'nt noticed (i'm sure you have) when Al said he was well respected...he meant it and all of us are showing it. You started digging yourself a hole with a spoon.....now you have the backhoe out and your digging away, and it's getting deeper and deeper,......ah...but the truth shall set you free.....don't think having a bad ***** LTR450 will automatically gain you respect from other members.....it has to be earned and you have to prove yourself....it's not given to you like a gift. It's only gonna get worse from here on out unless you come clean bro.........;)

stevez400
10-11-2006, 05:31 AM
A few guys just pm me saying something about you be crazy and not to trust any thing you say that you have no credibility! Wow this guy has imaginary people Pming him. :eek2:

Anyone that says Al has no credibility obviously doesn't have a clue who he is. He is a long time respected member. So get you head out of your *** and please explain your mods.

bwamos
10-11-2006, 07:44 AM
LoL.. this guy is cracking me up.

I've met very very few 20yr olds with "power and money". LOL.
Let alone understand the true concept of "power and money." Power and money are not synonomous.

His lack of control in this situation proves just that.. lol.

I'd also "almost" put money on the fact that he's probably still living with the parents. Due to the "bro" helping him install. Nothing wrong with that.. but that kind of contradicts the "money/power" comments. Obviously I have no proof of that.. so it's purely specualtion.

Just be 100% honest about what you got. Noone really cares. I've got a freaking 300ex with a decent motor, works suspension and stock arms/swinger. Nothing special. But, it earns no less respect than someone with a John Natalie Replica.

Granted bling does get more chicks.. lol.

Oh and if you do race a Harley. I'd suggest the standard 1/8 mile drag race. ;)

Tyler25
10-11-2006, 08:04 AM
I can operate a back hoe if this guy needs me to!... shovels are a thing of the past anyway.....

Tyler25
10-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Oh... and Al??.... How can he post while he is at school??? We are going to have to wait until after 3pm for him to get off the school bus and log back on to this site!

armysig
10-11-2006, 08:20 AM

Here's something for you bub.

1. Don't disrespect your Military. We do things for you that keep your freedomes.

2. If you have not served, you don't know anything about what the Soldiers, Marines, Sailors,Airmen, Coast Guard Do or have done.

Here is a good read for you. I personally like number 3, I'm sure we have enough guys here to fulfill that requirement.

DEAR CIVILIANS,

Dear Civilians, We know the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ***.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ***.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a
disabled Veteran kicks their ***.

4. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing camoflage battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your *** kicked.

5. Next time you come across a Soldier, do not ask them, "Did you kill anyone?" This is not an open disscusion. Ask again and we might have to kick your ***. (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ***.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) passes during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or Veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ***-kicking.

8. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain-of-Command includes our Commander-In-Chief (CINC). The President (for those who didn't know) is our CINC, regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your *** kicked!

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a Veteran and, therefore, could kick your ***!

10. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ***.

11. 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or Veteran, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your *** kicked.

12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every holiday you enjoy and gather with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines far from home wishing they could be with their families.

OH yeah, BTW I have learned a lot from Al reading his posts. He's done a lot of research when it comes to LTR performance.

Baracudaaa
10-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Hahahahhaa! This is the best! I hate these friggin liars!

Hard one, you are absolutely a freakin' TURD!!!!

Its kind of sad tho, it has been soooooo fun going through all these posts reading your complete lies and mistruths, makes for great reading.

TwistedZ
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Hard One - Here is some free advise from someone who is old, slow and has only a 2003 LTZ 400.... Respect is EARNED by honesty and integrity NOT by having the best money can buy. Respect by your peers can NOT be purchased and has no bling factor. Trust me on this.... A well repected person who happens to have the best money can buy, doesn't look down on a guy who only has what he can afford and doesn't look up to somebody who has something better. The word respect is synonymous with the words honesty and integrity and can only by obtained by your actions and the way you carry yourself. You obviously got caught laying down some serious BS. Making personal comments and attacks to people, only makes yourself look worse and your peers respect you less. With all that said, I don't know you from Adam and don't really care how you turn out in life. I do know that at this point.... I definitely don't respect you! See that's the point, I don't even know you and I dont respect you. I have read many of AlElks, NormalZ, JetTech, ArmySig, PeeWee21, SteveZ400 and the list goes on..... posts on this and other boards and have nothing but repect for them. Guess what, I don't know them either. The difference is, they all have honesty, integrity and carry themselves as such. That my un-enlightened youngster = RESPECT.

vet_ltz
10-11-2006, 02:14 PM
YA ! What they said:macho

Baracudaaa
10-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Heheheee, he has 'power and money'! A 19 year old car mechainc who attended some night classes at a community college to learn how to wrench has power and money!
Haaaahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCGIrish
10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
armysig I haven't read that in awhile but it is a good read. :D

bigbadbubba
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
that guy must have got stuck in his whole.... he isn't on here :lol:

reloadz400
10-11-2006, 06:22 PM
WOW! I am still LMAO:D !

Oh, this is my first post! ALLOT of my friends, esp. Al have been telling me that this is a great forum! Thats all i need, i trust these guys!

Any who, Where are you Hard One???? I really need to hear the answer's to these not so difficult questions.

Well, I will be watching and waiting, although i don't feel Hard One will be posting in here anytime soon!

Thanks, and Later,
Matt

AL Elks
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
He'll come back on but initially it won't be under the screen name of hard one. He just can't resist. Trust me he's reading all of this and just fuming. He's using another screen name he has registered and is trying to be sneaky. Of course once he starts spouting BS he'll stand out like a red (oops I can't say that).

Of course now that I have said this he'll post under his normal screen name.

Once again, how do I know? Because I know people like him, that's how.

This is just too easy!

NormalZ
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, I sure do hope he makes it back in here. I kinda miss the guy already.

blastermaster58
10-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Tee-hee, this is kind of funny! All of the old-schoolers are backing up the guy who we all know is right, while you, you poor-minded soul are being backed up by no one but your already established poor-minded self. No one will think of you as an all-knowing "quad god" just because you have an imaginary hopped up LTR.

Like said before, you picked the wrong guy to mess with. All of the people that know him are coming out of the woodworks and backing him up because we know what kind of person he is. Look at me, I haven't posted on this site in God knows how long but I did just because you are a complete moron.

Way to go, asshat (Tom that is a great word, I use it all the time - ha!).

PS - I just couldn't resist jumping in and throwing gas on the fire.

hard one
10-13-2006, 10:09 PM
www.rossiereng.com

JE does make a 14:1 piston( they also make one for honda 450 yamaha 450 you just have to special order it.

I bought it from rossier eng.

5-way valve job
It's when you cut multiple angles in the seat to creat better flow at most 15% better.

Sorry for not responing I was at my work or in my garage!

The starter can barley turn over my piston!

I found that my exhaust valve's are not titanium but just coated.

The intake are titanium!

Check it for your self!

No B.S in this post all truth.

I love it when people gang up on one person!

I have gone to college and now have a career with a great paying job.I started college classes my 3rd year in high school went to H.S for 3 hours then to college the rest of the day. It helps if you dont fool around and when you move to a school with lower points to graduate.
I am not a mechanic i build automated machinery, heat press, and other machines!
:D

Another thing elks thinks he knows me!

I have a life i cant always be waiting to see if any one looks at my post.

And to answer blaster master I dont know every thing i still go to my friends at the honda/suzuki dealer and get help from them I am just In love with engines and facinated with how they work so i always look for ways to improve them!

I remember you saying some things in past post about your quad dont throw gas into fire it will burn your @$#!

R450HQ
10-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Hard one + gay = hard one

NormalZ
10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/worthless.gif

Prove it. Show your stuff. I know I don't build anything without getting pics of it, most of which I use later for tutorials or articles. Show it, or drop it - valve job, too.

OutCast
10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
The more I watch this thread, the more limp you're sounding Hard One. It does take huevos to respond, but it means nothing? Your reply doesn't sound very credible? A lot of people talk, but that's all it is. You're being called out for justifiable reasons.

quadfamily
10-14-2006, 05:48 AM
None of you are better then the other because you're all bickering. What is the point of it? Please read the rules:
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

AL Elks
10-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Well that may be the first post you’ve told the truth about. Congrats, you’re coming around.

You still haven’t explained how you supposedly had all this compression, not to mention an LTR with 62 hp prior the install you just made. What’s up with that. Care to tell us how you got 62hp with a pipe and no motor work? I"d point you to a couple of websites where the max hp obtained with a CRBM and full pipe is 52hp and they tested quite a few pipes but you wouldn't last too long on those sites because they deal in proven facts and not pipe dreams.

Sorry quadfamiily but when you posted "read the rules and personal attacks will not be tolerated" all that went out the window when he insulted me and my military career. This thread still hasn't gotten out of hand and I don’t' want it too for the simple reason it's serving to prove a point and that point is that Hard One posts a lot of BS.

Hard One.

By the way what type of air box mod do you have and how many HP did you gain with it and how do you know it got you that much hp?