PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with a case dozer or any dozer?

J25
10-10-2006, 05:19 PM
my dad has a case 450 dozer and i was using it to knock some small trees out when i heard a loud pop and i looked down, the track came off on the left front side, and busted a piece of one of the plates on the tracks.. how do i get the track back on the front sprocket

x.system
10-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Its called a front idler and its a pain. Grease is what usually puts tension on tracks so first find where to release the tension. You can put a block of wood between the blade and the idler to push the idler back once you have removed the plug or grease fitting. With the idler pushed all the way back it will be alot easyer to put the track back on. The easy way is to have a excavator, backhoe handy to help with the lifting. If you don't have anything like that handy its going to be a choir, alot of prying. Make sure the track is on the lower idlers first, if it isn't sitting on those you won't be able to get it on the front idler. You can use the blade to lift the front up and pry the track back under the idlers if you need to. Don't worry about the busted pad, those are replacable. Good luck, its definatly a job your first time especially if you don't have another machine to help out.

J25
10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
we had a cat that did this befor and we had a hell of a time becuase the cab was leaning against a tree and the tree was keeping it from slidding/tipping over... this its on a little slant not to bad... all we have is a John Deer tractor with a front end loader so hopefully that will work.. but thanks for the info, i think im gonna try it out tomarra

Nausty
10-11-2006, 04:48 AM
thats badass you got your own dozer! Hopefully it ain't to much of a pita to fix! I operate case dozers and other heavy equipment over here in iraq! Its a badass job! I get payed to push dirt and tear down ****! **** YEAH!

Anyways the avator is freeking badass too! Just thought i'd let you know!

yamahonda
10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by x.system
Its called a front idler and its a pain. Grease is what usually puts tension on tracks so first find where to release the tension. You can put a block of wood between the blade and the idler to push the idler back once you have removed the plug or grease fitting. With the idler pushed all the way back it will be alot easyer to put the track back on. The easy way is to have a excavator, backhoe handy to help with the lifting. If you don't have anything like that handy its going to be a choir, alot of prying. Make sure the track is on the lower idlers first, if it isn't sitting on those you won't be able to get it on the front idler. You can use the blade to lift the front up and pry the track back under the idlers if you need to. Don't worry about the busted pad, those are replacable. Good luck, its definatly a job your first time especially if you don't have another machine to help out. do what he says then start machine and turn the sprocket on the broken side only while you have a chain hold the front of the track the machine will turn the track and keep going till they 2 ends meet at the front idler get a new pad and replace.. you will need a master link pad/rail thou not just any pad cus the rail broke is why its in pieces .. but if you get a masterlink rail it will be easy other wise you gotta try getting a pin out and new pin in... hope im not to confusing but have had to do this several time with alot bigger machines...

J25
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Anyways the avator is freeking badass too! Just thought i'd let you know!

Nausty, my dad just bought it resently... its got a 6 way blade... its a great machine to own... yeah you made that avatar a long time ago for me, you were makin a bunch lol