PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast!!!!!!!!

fastyz85
10-10-2006, 03:03 PM
hey guys i was changing my oil and the stupid bolt under the crankcase got stripped out.now when i mean stripped out i mean the outside part where the socket goes on not the inside.just one of my bad days.if someone could please help me by explaining how to get this bolt out now i would really appreciate it.once i get it out im going to get a new bolt at my honda dealership but for now i could really use some help on this.and noflammers or people telling me im stupid for doing this cause i already know.thanks mike.

honda400ex2003
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Vice grips would be what I would try first, clamp them on and try to loosen it. Hopefully that helps. Try not to break it off. Easy outs can sometines be a pain. Steve

EX lvr
10-10-2006, 03:36 PM
if vice grips dont work dont even bother with the easy outs, they suck and drilling out a bolt underneath ur quad.... just get a black socket (not chrome) and braze it onto the bolt. get like a 1/2 inch drive to make it easeir,braze it on and then spin the bolt off.

fastyz85
10-10-2006, 03:38 PM
thanks guys but i got it off thankfully.what i did was tap the next size smaller socket on and loosen it.i really appreciate your help.