PDA

View Full Version : concussion?

Jake250ex
10-10-2006, 02:52 PM
The whole UFC thing is a bit overrated. I think I got a concussion. I got hit squarely in the back of the head by some kid twice my size. My pupils are tiny and I gagged and dry heaved for 10 minutes and I just feel out of it. I was told I probly had a concussion. Sound right? What should I do?

killerofcrows48
10-10-2006, 02:56 PM
sounds like a concussion

when i got mine i puked for like 2 hours straight :ermm:

i went and got some shots, made me instantly feel better

firefighterjosh
10-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I have 6 concussions:( :ermm: All from playing soccer in high school.

A non sever concunsion you will not black out you will prally have a headache and want to sleep. (do not sleep)

Moderate consusion: you ussually get knocked out for a second or 2 and feel really dissy (sp)

Sever ( I have had 2) First one I blacked out for 3 mins they say, but I could remeber what happend.:ermm: :scary: Had to go to the ER and couldn't sleep for 12 hours after wards. My stomach hurt really bad too.

2nd one I was out for 5 mins and I don't remember the whole day/ Its wierd going to school the next day think it is thursday and it is friday:confused: Also ppl talking about how awesome of a colision it was.

250rAL
10-11-2006, 07:15 AM
A friend of mine had a bad endo crash and afterwards just kept asking the same questions over and over. The was at least a mild concussion.

trick250r
10-11-2006, 08:45 AM
youve probably got a mild concussion you didnt black out right? no black out = mild --- black out for 5 or less secs = moderate --- black out for 10 or more secs = severe

Bush0102
10-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Ok, here's my concussion story.

Well, it was 4th of July, a tuesday- I had the day off, but had to go back on wednesday morning, so i decided i wasn't going to drink more than a few beers and just hang out by the grill.

So by 1:30 i'm pretty darn drunk and floating around in a kiddie pool throwing a water-logged soccer ball at some guys. I hit one of my buddies square in the back, and it sounded like it stung pretty bad. He proceeded to baseball pitch the soccer ball at my temple (people later told me the ball bounced off my head and went about 50 feet into the neighbor's yard)- needless to say, lights out. I woke up about 30 seconds later, and felt fine. I went about my day, watched fireworks, etc...

So the next day i was at work, and i started to feel a little woozy, and i was having trouble reading some manuals for the equipment i was working on. Finally, while bending over at a parts rack, i passed out.

I found out i had a subdermal hematoma (brain bruise) and a severe concussion.

I was told to just take it easy for about 5 days, and absolutely no alcohol. Try not to drive if you still have problems reading and are still a little confused by simple things...

so yeah, i'm not the smartest decision maker in the world, am I?

suck my pipe
10-11-2006, 12:37 PM
I have had a few concuhions and amnezia, but it never made me feel sick. One of my concushions was from a bad quad wreck it was stage three highest you can get without going brain dead. Ever since I had amnezia I have a hard time remembering numbers and somtimres peoples names.

10-11-2006, 12:47 PM
when i had a concussion i felt good but every thing was spinning around really fast and i had to watch the ground so i could walk or i couldn't see.

i fell on my head from 10 ft fall streight down onto a road and got no concussion a couple months ago all i got was a hurt rist.

wvspeedfreak
10-11-2006, 02:29 PM
After reading some of these posts I think a couple of you still have a concussion :ermm:

Honda400exrox
10-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by slow
when i had a concussion i felt good but every thing was spinning around really fast and i had to watch the ground so i could walk or i couldn't see.

i fell on my head from 10 ft fall streight down onto a road and got no concussion a couple months ago all i got was a hurt rist.

LMGDAO coming from a guy named slow thats pretty funny

250rAL
10-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
After reading some of these posts I think a couple of you still have a concussion :ermm:

LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Ghost-Rider
10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Probly have a concussion .......guy was 10x bigger than you?......sockets make good fist fillers