PDA

View Full Version : sportsman series

Bush0102
10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
So, i've always been anti-polaris, but the other week i rode a sportsman 700 for a couple hours and it was incredible...it was powerful, capable, and best of all it felt like i was riding a plush couch...it was the most comfortable ride i've ever had.

Has Polaris done anything to step up their reliability? I'm almost tempted to start looking at one for myself.

10-10-2006, 02:59 PM
they have come along way but the jap's still smoke them.

firefighterjosh
10-12-2006, 02:19 AM
my buddie has a 800 polaris and I like it but he has had some problems. Brake pads falling off:confused: (weird) Electronics going out. LED screen.

Personally I do not like the AWD I rather have the ability to lock and unlock the the diff.

I would consider a Artic Cat 700 or Suzuki 700.

shakin
10-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I just purchased the SP800. I have to say that it is one of the nicest rides I have ever been on. My buddy purchased the Arctic cat 700 3 weeks before I got the polaris. I would say that his is better in the mud than the polaris (though he put better tires on already). I would however say that the benefits of the better handling and more comfy ride make me like the polaris more. His is plenty fast to, not lacking much off of my 800. One thing He and I found out that we both dont like about having the ability to lock in the differential is that sometimes it wont lock without the quad moving a little bit. And when your burried in a mudhole and find that out, a Polaris has to pull out a kitty cat!

firefighterjosh
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by shakin
I just purchased the SP800. I have to say that it is one of the nicest rides I have ever been on. My buddy purchased the Arctic cat 700 3 weeks before I got the polaris. I would say that his is better in the mud than the polaris (though he put better tires on already). I would however say that the benefits of the better handling and more comfy ride make me like the polaris more. His is plenty fast to, not lacking much off of my 800. One thing He and I found out that we both dont like about having the ability to lock in the differential is that sometimes it wont lock without the quad moving a little bit. And when your burried in a mudhole and find that out, a Polaris has to pull out a kitty cat!

So what is the AC and Polris like in a drag race? Like which one has the accerlation and which one has the top speed?

shakin
10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
The Polaris has the advantage all the way around. It takes off faster and will pass the AC once both have there legs streached. The AC is a very nice machine, but that whole deal where the differential lock wouldnt kick in made me decide to never own one of those.

09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
the reliability has definatly gotten better as the years have passed. i myself have a 2001 polaris sportsman 500 and it has had no problems whatsoever. however i have come to belive that the problem is almost always in the way that you take care of your ATV.