PDA

View Full Version : Air box assistance???

anywhereEx
09-04-2002, 06:31 PM
As most of the people on here that I have talked to know that I am easily 3,500 miles from home right now and can imagine how much of a pain it is to do anything for their quad. The good part is that I have full access to a machine shop. I want to build a stainless steel or aluminum airbox. Free access to tools and materials:devil I would greatly appriciate it if someone here would be kind enough to measure out all of the demensions of their aluminum air box including the tabs and the strap for the battery. Bacause I will not be able to even look at my quad for two months much less refence anything durring the construction. I would appriciate anyone's help.

eldoexrider01
09-04-2002, 08:06 PM
id love to help ya out but i dont have one. sorry

AtvMxRider
09-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Hey anywhereEx what part of Va are you in?

anywhereEx
09-04-2002, 09:35 PM
You might have to read this twice but here it is. I am from Hartwood which is close to Stafford. Currently I live in VA Beach and soon to be Moving to southern Maryland(1 hour drive from home)

Razorback
09-05-2002, 06:34 AM
there was a post in the open forum a couple of days ago with a CAD drawing of one. i'll look and see if i can find it...

Razorback
09-05-2002, 06:38 AM
here it is:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25760

uglymotha is the one who designed it. he's probably got the dimensions you want.

UglyMotha™
09-05-2002, 06:52 AM
ya i got everything you could want, straps, mounts, brackets, the whole deal inluding flats, and forms i'll send them to you if you got a fax number if not i gues i switch them all over to jpeg's but it would be even nicer if you had acad just let me know if you want em