PDA

View Full Version : Mx quad tires on stock rims?

rmkleman
10-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok, so i have a 04 400ex with a jardine slip on exhaust, jd jet kit, and k&n filter with the top of the airbox removed... I just ordered my pro peg nerfs and i am now looking into tires...

I am going to set this bike up for mx... hopefully i will be confident enough to start racing next year.

I guess if i race mx i will need to put diff a-arms on it and then figure out everything to be just under 50" ? But i would like to get new tires now. My question is what size should i be looking into? Does anyone keep there stock rims and put new tires on that races mx? I am just curious so please dont bash me. Just want to know if i should even consider keeping the stock rims if i will be changing tires... let me know guys and thank you for the wonderfull forum!!

Colby@C&DRacing
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
stock rims will work but most people run an 8" beadlock in the rear and some type of 10x5 rim for the front wether it be a stock rim or a rim with reinforcing ring

BigFish
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Alot of people start out w/ a stock quad and modify as they become a better rider. For mx, run 18'' rears and 19''-20'' fronts. Yes, running them on stock wheels will work. All the mx tires are pretty good, kenda, holeshots, razrs...

I personally run holeshots, 19x6-10 fronts and 18x10-9 mxr4s on the rear. Never had any problems