PDA

View Full Version : Broke my exhaust, what should I get??

2k2GT
10-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Well this weekend I took a little spill. I broke my rear grab bar off and bent my exhaust pretty bad. The mid-pipe came out of the header and its cracked pretty good. The header is fine but the rest is trashed.

I looked at a few different slip-ons but I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. Which one's do y'all like and recommend? I want it to be louder but not too loud. What else would I need besides the muff for it to run right? Thanks for any help.

Oh yeah, it's a stock '04 Troy Lee Preddy.

gotwarrior
10-10-2006, 10:06 AM
I like HMF and Pro Circuit.:D

kc8pnd
10-10-2006, 10:07 AM
I got the HMF Slip-on. Let me tell you its loud as heck, but can be quieted down with the spark arrester in it. You will need to jump the main jet up a little bit. It made a heck of a difference on my pred.

katch26
10-10-2006, 10:19 AM
well what did you have before?...stock? I have the HMF bill balance and its pretty sweet. I went riding with a guy on a white le with the pure polaris pipe and he was saying how the pressure was beating on him. Pretty nice.

2k2GT
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by katch26
well what did you have before?...stock? I have the HMF bill balance and its pretty sweet. I went riding with a guy on a white le with the pure polaris pipe and he was saying how the pressure was beating on him. Pretty nice.

Yes, it was stock before. Why buy another stock one right? I would like to buy a used one to save a little money but I doubt I will find one anywhere...

katch26
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
pm sent.