PDA

View Full Version : Battery Problems? Help plz

Vem YFZ450
10-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone.

I went out to Chatsworth, NJ this weekend to take out my bike for the first time since I purchased it. I was told to ride with my lights on to keep the battery charging and to always keep the radiator running.

Well after 5-6 hours of ridding my bike, it just shutoff. I tried to get it started it again and I just started hearing a clicking noise coming from the battery like if it was dead. I got to turn the bike after by poppin the clutch on 3rd gear, but it would shutoff after I start reving it and never start again when I got towed by another quad. I also gave it a boost from my friends car and it started with no problem but will shut off again once i stop reving it.

Could it be that the battery is good? Or could it be that there is a problem with the charging system? Can I recharge the battery someway?

Thanks.

rpyfz450
10-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I recommend you replace it with a Yuasa YTZ10S battery. It is the battery that comes in the Raptor-350.

It has nearly double the cranking capacity and will fit the YFZ450 with a little modification to the battery copartment under the seat.

I can't be certain the syptoms you observed are consistent with a bad battery. I'm under the impression the ATV will run fine with a bad battery, it just won't have enough energy to start up.