PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen this?

MX450
10-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen a LSR chassis with the gussets by the motor mounts and up front with the "lonestar" in them..

250Renvy
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
That looks like someone took creative licence. Looks like they added the front motor mount tabs too. That's an older style LSR frame -which didn't have those. Maybe Lonestar updated it.

Is that your frame now?

Rich250RRacer
10-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I've had a few of these, so I can tell you that the chassis is newer than a 2000 but older than an '03. There's alot of subtle differences, but a few things that tell me this are the absence of a rear upper mount (a 2001 has them, '03 does not), the tubes that the front motor mounts are on curve down to the bottom rail (my '03s tubes are straight with no curve). The upper bumper mount is welded in front of the main tubes, not integrated into them (which the newer chassis are). The up tubes directly behind the radiator are straight, newer frames had tubes that bent rearward about half way up. The Lonestar logo on the top is older style (not exactly sure when they change, but my '01 has the old style, '03 has the new one). This chassis was probably serviced and reinforced by Lonestar at some point in time, which would explain the newer logo in places. Lonestar did make changes at any given time, so it hard to pinpoint exactly how old it is, but the serial number tag should tell you.

MX450
10-10-2006, 07:16 PM
250Renvy, yea this is mine now, this R used to be keith littles, i was thinking maybe those stars were in there becuase it was his, also the serial number is hard to make out, but im pretty sure it says LSR00, which would be a 2000 model. Im pretty sure this has been updated by LSR because the front motor mounts are the new style, but they also have the holes in the frame like the old style.

I was just curios to see if anyone has ever seen a LSR chassis with the star gussets.

Also, I dont have a pic, but has anyone ever seen a stem that had two sets of holes that the tie rods mount too? Any ideas what the differences might be?