PDA

View Full Version : the magical self-repairing truck???

Stevie-D
10-09-2006, 07:58 PM
i finally got my truck running right. after nearly going insane trying to figure out what was making it cut out..i took it down the road to a local garage to see what he could do. well the darn thing sat for over a week before he even touched it...and he never got back to me about it. stopped down there after work today..and the truck was out in his little lot, and he wasnt around. i called him and he told me that he tried basically the same things that i had tried...but couldn't figure it out. told me to take it to the dealer..so i go down to pick it up, expecting it to miss/stall/cut-out etc...the ******* fired right up! everything works 100%.
i'm going to call him tomorrow to find out exactly what he did to it. all i know for sure is that the computer has been reset, and it is no longer pulling the codes for the egr and map sensor. whatever he did to it actually fixed it. :huh i've had my wtf face on all night trying to figure out what it was that he did that fixed it. :p

i love being able to drive it again. i've been using my brothers chevy beretta as a work vehicle, and it's getting old trying to jam all of my tools for work in it:D

later this week i have to pick up some new bushings and longer u-bolts so i can install my lift:D

only thing that sucks is gas milage:eek2:

firefighterjosh
10-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Sounds like it will prally happen again.:p Reseting the Computer prally fixed it but I have a feeling it will happen again. Same thing happend to my old car.

ghost450
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
dont tell the mechanic everything's fine! If you do he'll charge your ***!;)

Stevie-D
10-10-2006, 01:16 PM
lol..i dont plan on telling him anything. i drove it over an hour each way for work today, and its running great:chinese:

EX lvr
10-10-2006, 02:19 PM
tell your mechenic you took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free. Then send your mechanic a bill for the downtime your truck had while it was sitten for a week at his place:D

700bRad
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
It was probably your mass air flow sensor, sometimes they get confused and it tells your motor to send way more air in then needed (happens the most with Fords). Resetting the computer might have fixed the problem. I went to visit some buddies at there college, about 4 hours from my home when mine went out. I was stranded at the college for an extra night (more beer for me). The motor was cutting out real bad when I gave it gas, but would idle fine. It cost me about $300 to get a new one.

Stevie-D
10-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I was stranded at the college for an extra night (more beer for me).

hahaha darn right bud. i just spent the weekend out at penn state (state college) with some friends. theres more beer than water out there:eek2: