PDA

View Full Version : pics of your trail tech light

450Rfutureracer
10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
post your pics of them trail tech lights mounted anywhere on your R want to get a pair with red covers
i want to put them under a maier hood

pelphrey
10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't have a 450r but I have the trail tech MR16s installed on my upper shock mounts. I would easily pay 400 dollars for these lights. Night riding is so much fun now, before I couldn't see at all.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/pelphrey01/Quad/Blacked3.jpg

Sorry it isn't a 450r. If I need to delete it let me know.

morfy
10-10-2006, 05:25 AM
I will throw mine on tonight.. I have mine with the bar mount.. I love them at the dunes.. Last time we went I ended up behind a stock 450r and I could see my light past his from behind him!! And mine are just the standard ones. I can not imagine the hd lights. At the time I could not afford the big dollars the hd cost.... No matter where you put them you will love them.. I like the bars so when you turn you can see.. In tight trails it helps big time. And when out on the big dunes I can just grap one of the lights and push it up or down real easy to suit my needs... My 2 cents:ermm:

pelphrey
10-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by morfy
I like the bars so when you turn you can see.. In tight trails it helps big time. And when out on the big dunes I can just grap one of the lights and push it up or down real easy to suit my needs... My 2 cents:ermm:

Thats a very good point. However mine are the HIDs and they are so bright I don't need to worry about moving them. I get a lot of compliments on these things, and some complaints from riders in front of me who keep turning around to look behind them and become blinded. But hey its not my fault they can't keep thier eyes on the road.

450Rfutureracer
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
thanks post any pics that you have i just want to see what they look like on a bike and not from website:D

morfy
10-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Here is my lights and how I mounted the on and off switches for them.. It is the guts of a cheap pair of bars I had laying around.. Cut the middle out and used the clamps off the bars that hold the pad.. Worked out really well since the quad tech hoods are kinda hard to get off....

Hope this helps...

For the lights and or the quad tech hood get ahold of johnny @ www.j-hracing.com

He is the only way to go if you are are oklahoma.... Nobody ships faster!!!

morfy
10-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Here they are and I bet the hd's are super bright but I will take the bar mount over stock location any day. For running the dunes no biggie but tight trails the bar mount are a must... To each his own I quess...

Oh they are not on that is flash reflection :D

450Rfutureracer
10-15-2006, 05:01 PM
When you put the lights on do you just unplug the old lights mount up the new ones and the stock light switch will work or is there a different way you are supposed to do?

morfy
10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes the techs work off the stock wiring you just have to splice into them.. Which is very easy.. If you leave your stock on the bike you can say take the high or low to use the techs and still use the say high or low but I would check to see if you can run both at the same time which I think that would rob toooo much power.. I just run the techs which is plenty!!!

450Rfutureracer
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
thanks, i'm just running the tech lights

SwainRacing
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Here is the set up I ran at the Hour Race last year. All Trail Tech on stock wiring and no stator mods.

450Rfutureracer
10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
great pics everyone, i'm getting the lights real soon, also SwainRacing what happened to the shock?

'02 Banshee
10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
it looks better with one;)

DirtDevilBT
10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
If you want to use stock lights and trailtech lights on the bars, I think you need to use their hid kit for the bars. The cheaper HID's draw like 17 watts per I think. The stator can do the four if you go that route. If you get their new HID's they draw more power, so four will prolly be too much. Shoot, if you have their more expensive MR16 HIDS's you don't need anything else lol.

As for wattages, pm trailtech to be sure.

SwainRacing
10-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I didnt need the shock for the 6 hour race so I just took it off. LOL
Had it off for something, but dont remember. It was put back on for the race. 8" HID and 2 HID MR16 is what they are from Trail Tech.

450Rfutureracer
10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
i need to try just one shock maybe i'll do better