PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter or other problem?

warriorman11
10-09-2006, 06:07 PM
when I give it a decent amount throttle it just falls flat on its face and bogs but it won't stall... any gear or in neutral dosnt matter
its a 02 660r

10-10-2006, 06:50 AM
1st i would start with the spark plug while ya got the plug out---take the cap off of the wire
" it unscrews from the wire"
--look to see if the wire is there----some times the wire rotts away or get coated---next follow the wire down to the coil clean & check the con's---also clean & check con's on the batt----behind the shifter there will be 2 wires there clean & check "had this on my 700 mud got into the con -- cleaned it and put sink wrap on it"----also pull the boot back on the left prech check to see if the con's there are working----pull the gas line see if ya got good flow.If ya do all this and nothing i would say its the carbs or next timing.goodluck p.s. if ya rev slowly will it top out and not beak up?

warriorman11
10-10-2006, 09:14 PM
i got a new plug and gapped it and checked the wire like you said... I checked my floats and they are exactly at 13mm, I would do the clear tube method but I dont have a piece of clear tube... but I did notice when I put my carbs back on and fire it up I had it in neutral and I was slowly reving it up and the reverse light started flashing? anybody know anything about that too... by the way the problem is still there

10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
its 1 of the 2 wires behind the shifter,its called the neutral safety switch same prob i had.The computer see some thing is wrong so it go's into a ---reverse--- rev limit mod.

warriorman11
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM
sorry to be a pain in the *** but what am i gonna do just ground em out?

warriorman11
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
i just did the clear tube method its about 3mm above the split in the carb. heres what happened... i was out at a mx track a couple sundays ago and as the day went on it started spitting and sputtering so i figured i got something in my carb and id clean it out no biggie, well i come back didnt touch it for a couple days and i go out to take it for a spin and try to diagnose the problem and it was just running like **** give it about half throttle or more and it would just spit and sputter... it ran perfectly fine before that so thats how i dont see how the jetting could be off

10-11-2006, 07:12 PM
JUST PULL IT OFF AND CLEAN IT PUT BACK ON.IF THAT DOES NOT WORK THEN YOU NEED TO GET A NEUTRAL SWITCH.THE NEUTRAL SWITCH IS THE BOTTOM 1

warriorman11
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
i took em off and cleaned both the reverse switch and the neutral switch and cleaned em both and it still runs like crap so ill mention that... im gonna call up my local dealer and see what they have to say and how much the switch is gonna be... by the way thanks for all the help your givin me i really appreciate it

10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
i have 2 help my brother------your welcome