PDA

View Full Version : What should i do 2 my banshee?

TeamYamaharider
10-09-2006, 05:13 PM
What should i do 2 my banshee?

firefighterjosh
10-09-2006, 11:38 PM
What do you mean? You want to be fast or handle good?

Presonally of your not gonna drag race I would sell it.:p

hicktown 357
10-10-2006, 07:02 PM
i think u need to sellit and get a suzuki:D

hicktown 357
10-11-2006, 01:49 PM
j/k

josh8992
10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by hicktown 357
i think u need to sellit and get a suzuki:D

I AGREE WITH YA i woulnd have one

TeamYamaharider
10-11-2006, 04:16 PM
LOL ***'s i'll show ya at the track

josh8992
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by TeamYamaharider
LOL ***'s i'll show ya at the track

wat ever

Dinner
10-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by TeamYamaharider
What should i do 2 my banshee?

All depends what type of riding you do, what power gains you want, where you want the power gains, suspension, etc.

Creech52
11-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok first dont listen to the negative pricks, they have no business in a banshee thread if they are gonna bad mouth it and they should shut their holes unless they are providing helpful information about your concerns. He didnt ask if he should keep it or not. But like stated above we need more specific info like whats already done, the type of gains you want, type of riding, where you want the changes (suspension, power, handling ect.) But dont be fooled into buying a boost bottle, pointless waste of money. Also try www.BansheeHQ.com lots of usefull info and pretty decent crowd.

Mxjunkie
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Boost bottles are junk dont even get one.. They rip your intakes over time from shaking around just stick with the connecting tube and go with (10mm) reed spacers,Vforce reed valves, any kind of exhaust, airfilter and get the pro design timing advance plate set it at 5-6 degree's.. For low end most will swear by a 2 into 1 exhaust system which does hold true, DMC and Dyno Port offer a great 2 into 1 system! Another 2 into 1 set up is carb's.. A lot of people dont like the idea of having to tune two carb's so they invest in a trinity set up which comes with a Manifold and a mikuni carb, they offer great lowend but I've herd mixed feeling's about them, some guy's swear that the twin set up is easyier to tune then the 2 into 1 and is better for mx or racing set ups where as the 2 into 1 benifets the trail riders and guys looking for improved low end.. Another hot set up is the dyna Ignition for the banshee's.. you can either buy them programmed or program them your self and set your own rev lines and such.. improves the banshee greatly! Cool head's are also a trick little set up you can get to improve over all performance, but if you dont have the money for a cool head you can also send yours out and get it decked which will bump your compression up :)

A good investment is the T.O.R.S block off.. aka the " Throttle over ride system " It's a contraption above both your carb's that's suppose to be a safety device but they are just a huge chunk of crap that make's jetting a hand full trying to get to the needles etc...

Another thing that can greatly improve your Banshee is a great set of rear tires.. It all depend's what type of riding you will be doing with your Banshee.. for wood's & trail riding I would recomend Holeshot GNCC's.. Out of almost all the tire's I have slapped on my Banshee for a little test I found that the GNCC's provided the most traction and the quad actually hooked and booked instead of spin and wing :p

A-Arms and suspension is a must just like any other ATV, Banshee's do require the handling part a little more then most ATV's on the market, Yamaha had the greatest idea of putting a street bike motor into a quad frame back in 1987 but they lacked on the handling aspect a little! The stock suspension is a little soft and cause's the front end to dive into corners and make riding on a mx track or even on the trails a little hetic! +2 +1 a-arm's will solve most of the geometry flaw's the Banshee's have and it will make the quad more stable into corners, Axle is a good investment as well..

firefighterjosh
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Boost bottles are junk dont even get one.. They rip your intakes over time from shaking around just stick with the connecting tube and go with (10mm) reed spacers,Vforce reed valves, any kind of exhaust, airfilter and get the pro design timing advance plate set it at 5-6 degree's.. For low end most will swear by a 2 into 1 exhaust system which does hold true, DMC and Dyno Port offer a great 2 into 1 system! Another 2 into 1 set up is carb's.. A lot of people dont like the idea of having to tune two carb's so they invest in a trinity set up which comes with a Manifold and a mikuni carb, they offer great lowend but I've herd mixed feeling's about them, some guy's swear that the twin set up is easyier to tune then the 2 into 1 and is better for mx or racing set ups where as the 2 into 1 benifets the trail riders and guys looking for improved low end.. Another hot set up is the dyna Ignition for the banshee's.. you can either buy them programmed or program them your self and set your own rev lines and such.. improves the banshee greatly! Cool head's are also a trick little set up you can get to improve over all performance, but if you dont have the money for a cool head you can also send yours out and get it decked which will bump your compression up :)

A good investment is the T.O.R.S block off.. aka the " Throttle over ride system " It's a contraption above both your carb's that's suppose to be a safety device but they are just a huge chunk of crap that make's jetting a hand full trying to get to the needles etc...

Another thing that can greatly improve your Banshee is a great set of rear tires.. It all depend's what type of riding you will be doing with your Banshee.. for wood's & trail riding I would recomend Holeshot GNCC's.. Out of almost all the tire's I have slapped on my Banshee for a little test I found that the GNCC's provided the most traction and the quad actually hooked and booked instead of spin and wing :p

A-Arms and suspension is a must just like any other ATV, Banshee's do require the handling part a little more then most ATV's on the market, Yamaha had the greatest idea of putting a street bike motor into a quad frame back in 1987 but they lacked on the handling aspect a little! The stock suspension is a little soft and cause's the front end to dive into corners and make riding on a mx track or even on the trails a little hetic! +2 +1 a-arm's will solve most of the geometry flaw's the Banshee's have and it will make the quad more stable into corners, Axle is a good investment as well..

:bandit: ^^^^^^

prowler029
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
i have a buddy who lengthened and lowered it. he put a 450 big bore stroker kit, then just to top it all off a 10 lb bottle of nitrous!!! in my opinion thats overkill but it sure is fun to ride oh and it make close to 100 hp!!!!!

NPelletier
11-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
What do you mean? You want to be fast or handle good?

Presonally of your not gonna drag race I would sell it.:p

omg, i feel the completely opposite way, i tihnk when people buil;d their bikes to drag they ruin em, i hate when people make emd rag bikes, i tihnk setting it up for ither mx or xc is the only way, drag racing is for car, mx/xc is for quads;)

broke
11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

Where to start? Not an easy answer without knowing your riding style like they said before.

As far as myths and facts.

Boost bottles do work, but they need to be the exact size for you application. Off the shelf ones will only benifit you if they just happen to be the right size.

2:1 carbs do work, but they definately have a trade off. I has to do with area and velocity. You figure stock carbs are 26mm with an area of 530.7mm x2 which gives us 1061.4 mm total. a 35mm single set up gives 961.6 mm. That means that when the carbs are flowing the maximum CFM the biggest single out the can't match a set of stockers. What you gain in tuning ease you give up almost everywhere in performance short of low end and throttle response.

Pipes can have their own forum, there is going to be a trade off, do some reserch.

Suspension and chassis imorovement are along arguement also. +2+1 arms and good shocks matched with some 4+1s Make a great trail set up. -2 swingarm with blaster pegs with put all your weight in the perfect place for everything except sand.

Good luck

prowler029
11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
he didnt set it up to drag he just wanted somethin really fast that he could still ride on tha trails. he has taken it to an mx track as and it ran really good except for a 50 foot triple he kinda bottomed out on!

if u wanna set it up for mx get a good set of shocks, i like elka, maybe new a arms and a set of pipes and itll eat up ne thing u throw at it!!

banshee84
11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by broke

2:1 carbs do work, but they definately have a trade off. I has to do with area and velocity. You figure stock carbs are 26mm with an area of 530.7mm x2 which gives us 1061.4 mm total. a 35mm single set up gives 961.6 mm. That means that when the carbs are flowing the maximum CFM the biggest single out the can't match a set of stockers. What you gain in tuning ease you give up almost everywhere in performance short of low end and throttle response.

Good luck

I got more everything out of mine. It feeds one cylinder while the other is on the exhaust stroke. 1 carb working 100% of the time vs 2 working 50%of the time

Mxjunkie
11-07-2006, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by broke

Boost bottles do work, but they need to be the exact size for you application. Off the shelf ones will only benifit you if they just happen to be the right size.

Yes but before the boost bottles came out a lot of guys started running reed spacers.. boost bottles are just a glorifed acellerator pump that takes up space and rips your intakes.. :p

I went the reed spacer route with mine (10mm) and went with a connecting tube and it's never ran better..

Creech52
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
bahaha boost bottles....I think boost bottles should come free when you buy the pink powerband, I mean for optimum results. Anyway Buy a set of T-5s and your set, best pipes out for an all around gain and they go well with mods, unlike T-6s that are only made for stock engines and dont really give equal gains to porting mods. Buy a prodesign the stock air box blows arse. Look into suspension because if your gonna ride anything other then straight your gonna need an upgraded suspension with the new found power, I mean we can all agree banshees handle and jump like a lazy fat pig.