PDA

View Full Version : what it wrong i tried everything i know to try???

kxrider
09-04-2002, 03:25 PM
i have a little yamaha yz 50 i play around on, anyways it died, and i took the carb off and cleaned it and it still just cranks up revs high and then sputters to death, i have a brand new spark plug and it is the right plug for the bike but when i put it in, and crank it and then take it out the plug it bent in and i have to index it agiain, does anyone know why it will crank and rev, then sputter to death

Razorback
09-04-2002, 03:34 PM
is the choke on? it just sounds like it can't get enough fuel. oh, check the air intake/filter to make sure it can breathe...

kxrider
09-04-2002, 04:33 PM
oh yeah, i forgot to mention i pulled the choke to choke it and the cable came all the way out so i took the little thing that moves up and down to choke it and put it all the way down which should be off choke right

Razorback
09-04-2002, 05:17 PM
that should be right, but maybe the choke has got hung up in the carb. you might see if it's messed up down there. i'm sure others have thoughts on this, i'm just thinking of the simple things.

kxrider
09-04-2002, 05:22 PM
no it is not hung up i know for sure, it came all the way out there was just a hold in the carb so i stuffed everything back in there just to stop up the hole