PDA

View Full Version : Stiff shocks...

NikNacs67
10-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Is there any way to make the shocks (both front & rear) any softer? I'm around 150lbs but the ride is terrible. Maybe I got spoiled with the Ohlins on my old Cannondale.... or i'm a wimp but every little bump feels like a crater.....

gbcap
10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
if you haven't turned the compression down...the adjustment on the ressie then do that. if they are still to hard you can get softer springs...? i would suggest getting revalves.

Lonestar_R
10-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I messed with all the compression, rebound, and preload and the stock shocks suck. Revalves are the only way to go. Santo Derisi got my business and I would send the next set to him also. A great guy to deal with and a super great price. Stockers vs. Derisi Revalves are night and day difference...

Flodies400ex
10-09-2006, 08:29 PM
gain some more wieght then it will be soft lol but yea what everybody else that is yoru wieght they have went to get them adjusted for your wieght

NikNacs67
10-09-2006, 08:56 PM
How do I adjust them on the rezzies?

Lonestar_R
10-10-2006, 05:41 AM
I am not light and they are still stiff......I am like 240 and they still are stiff in stock form

sandmanblue
10-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I am not light and they are still stiff......I am like 240 and they still are stiff in stock form

Stock R shocks are way too stiff. Bite the bullet and get a revalve/respring. $750 for all three at GTThunder - heard good things about Derisi too.

Night and day difference doesn't even do it justice. Just think about what it would be like to hit rocks in the trail and not worry about them at all - at any speed. Whoops on the stocker are a bucking horse ride. With the revalves - it's more like... what whoops? Well, almost...

Best mod I've done so far. :D

trx400exxracer
10-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I messed with all the compression, rebound, and preload and the stock shocks suck. Revalves are the only way to go. Santo Derisi got my business and I would send the next set to him also. A great guy to deal with and a super great price. Stockers vs. Derisi Revalves are night and day difference...

Couldnt agree more and Santo isnt satisfied until the customer is satisfied

here he is setting mine up!

cals400ex
10-11-2006, 11:40 PM
yeah the stock shocks are still. i reduced the compression and the preload and they were still very still. i am only a 150 pound rider to. however, i ended up buying some gt thunder front shocks for a 180 pound rider and they are much much softer than stock. the ride was noticably better. on the back i have a derisi rear with the link and i am not as happy with that one. it did lower the ride height but i am not sure that it rides much better. everyone says if you are going to only do the front or the rear at one time, do the rear first. however, after having what i have i would definatly do the front first. maybe the front spoils me a little bit because there is a shock on each wheels where the solid axle in the rear is messing with my mind.

Architects
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
That pic is sweet. Santo sounds like the man. I cant wait till I get my revalves from him!

kazpr
10-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Ya I met and talked to Santo @ the last Mx national this year in kentucky and yes he is very serious about customer service and wanting the shocks to be right!

Flodies400ex
10-12-2006, 09:49 AM

well my shocks are not as stiff as what your are and I am only 225lb and it soft when I jump and even when I go over bumbs are jump its still soft and if you are having truble get ahold of gt thunder and get them revalved for yoru wieght