PDA

View Full Version : Wellsville is shut down

04gixxer
10-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Came across this on another forum, and just thought I would pass along the ***ty news.

Wellsville ATV Riders (http://reviewonline.com/news/articles.asp?articleID=3777)

A couple of buddies tried going down there and they have everything blocked off and are patrolling the area.

Let me know if you have any other good areas to ride around there. I now need a new memorial day weekend spot.

twj74
10-09-2006, 01:21 PM
It figures, the only truly great spot in Ohio is no closed. I sure hope that place in Revenna, OH opens up soon. Man, this S@#)'s
Does anyone know if any part of Wellsville/The Forbidden Zone is open at all. Man, someone is losing out on making a fortune even if they open up half of the land and charge 15-20 per. rider to ride it would still make alot of money. Not to mention the money that Off roaders, Jeep Clubs, and Atv clubs drop in that community. Thats what happens when the land developers move into small towns and no one listens to the small guy..Sorry, to "rant" but as you can tell this truly hurts..Who else feels my pain.

twj74
10-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Just found out that the Forbidden Zone, part of Oaktree and Yellow Crick is still open for business. So, not all of wellsville is closed.
Don't believe me contact "Warren" the owner of the forbidden Zone at 330-708-4417.

Cost is $8.00 per. rider per. day
Or $20.00 per. person friday thru Sunday
Will give group rates.

04gixxer
10-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Do you know if you can still camp down there? When you guys say the forebidden zone, what are you referring to? I used to come in through town and go by the big gas containers, down the rode, and come in across the tracks. Is the forebidden zone where they cleared that big wide road up to?

twj74
10-10-2006, 06:43 AM
04gixxer, I'm not 100 percent sure. I like many other atv'ers I also use to go in to Wells the same way as you..I know that the Forbidden Zone is part of the land at wells..I also know that the entrance is about two or three minutes south on Rte 7. My best advice is to contact "Warren" at the phone number posted above. He was very help full when I talked to him...

twj74
10-10-2006, 06:45 AM
04gixxer, Sorry, Yes...you can still camp at the Forbidden Zone. I believe Warren told me $8.00 per. day to ride and camp. $20.00 per. rider gets you a Friday thru Sunday. Group rates are available simply ask Warren.

04gixxer
10-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I will have to call him and figure out what the deal is. Do you know of anywhere that even compares to that place to ride?

twj74
10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Hatfield & McCoy in WV. is close, but nothing in ohio.

ATC250rChick
12-05-2006, 03:15 PM
this is kinda old, but I thought I would chime in here....

Oak Tree will still be open for part of 07. Forbidden zone is open as of now, but we have heard rumors of Wellsville trying to buy it also. Oak Tree side was bought and they are going to be building a plant up there (some kind of coal refinery plant. Government is in on this too). The bottom (by the track/river) is shut down. They are down there kicking people out. You have to camp at Oak Tree or Forbidden Zone...not the bottom!!If you are a camper....YOU CAN STILL RIDE...for now. Last I heard, the owner of Forbidden Zone has a law suit going due to "Wellsville" blocking off the access road. If you are a Oak Tree member (like us) you might have almost another year there (chicken hill up to oak tree and then down to the river). After that, Forbidden Zone may be all we have left to ride on.:mad:

If you are looking for any other Ohio areas, try Elson Street Riding Park. This place isn't "wells" but has some pretty good riding.

I'm sure we will all know more in the spring. At the time all the rumors were going around, the plant owner hadn't decided on land yet. They were also concidering land in Ashtabula. But, they already gave the owner of Oak Tree a deposit.:(