PDA

View Full Version : oil levels need some help?

86250rbanshee
10-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Just did full top end on it, and thing runs like a champ, starts first button push all kinda awesome stuff, anyway just checking oil level am I thinking correctly it appears that there is a oil plug hole like on my R on the right side just under the clutch im using you fill it until it start to trickle out of there? Am I correct, Because I filled it on the left side on the top of the cover like to check for top dead center?

jonboy
10-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Uh.... No! Have you checked your owners manual or a service manual? You should be filling the oil through the oil fill hole on the oil tank. You should put 2.1 qt of oil in the bike. To check the level, be sure that the bike is on a level surface. Then start the engine and let it idle for about 5 minutes. Turn the engine off and wait about 3 minutes then check the level on the dipstick. Add oil if it is below the line. The engine is a dry sump engine, and that is why you have to check it in this order. Hope this helps.;)

86250rbanshee
10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks man, I'm a 2 stroke guy working a z400 for a customer, we weren't able to come up with a manual it wasnt in the parts books yet, . I appreciate it I'll double check things this evening.