View Full Version : drivers need to be more careful

06honda450er
10-09-2006, 08:08 AM
i was out riding on our local atv trail with two buddys of mine when all of a sudden around a corner a yamaha yfz 450 came sliding around the corner sideways running me off the trail. i ended up hitting a tree and wrecking my 4 day old 06 honda 450er. my two buddys saw it happen and went after the guy to stop him. one of them only has a 04 400ex and couldnt keep up but the other has a 460ex and tried to run him down. after about 4 miles of trails he just gave up. all i have to say is if you do something stupid and run someone off the trail at least stop to see if they are ok.

400exrider99
10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
^^^d*** straight^^^

joker11
10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Not to hijack this thread...but I just realized how long this post ended up being. I apologize.
I carry an H&K .45 Compact. Assaulting me or my family with a vehicle and then attempting a hit and run would result in the offender coming down with a very bad case of lead poisoning. I am not advocating anyone take to arms, but I do intend to protect my family and myself at all times.
In Arizona we do not need a license to carry a gun. We do need a license to carry a gun concealed. You probably won't see mine until you become a threat.
My wife protects my flank with a Beretta .45 Cougar.
Ok, I am not a gun freak or violent or anything...I just am really protective of my family.
But it made me think, how many of you guys can or do carry when you go out on trails in the wilderness? It might very well be something more threatening than a dumb rider. We have Coyotes (Illegal Alien Smugglers) down here that wreak a lot of havoc with carjackings and killings. One of the most well known happened at the Imperial Sand Dunes a year or so ago to a veteran that had just gotten back from Iraq. They jacked his vehicle and took off. His dad owns a transmission shop here in Yuma and he formed the Yuma Patriots, a border patrol group.