PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 vs ltz400

gilbert z rider
10-09-2006, 07:56 AM
hey i was just wondering i have a ltz 400 and i love the way it pulls up eazy and how easy it is to do wheelies and good in trails. but i was thinking of gettin a yfz and iwas wondering does it cum up like the ltz does and how as it in the trails?

10-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Some people say the YFZ is geared tall, so it might not be a good choice for trail ridding... I have no problem riding on the trails, thought.
The Z400 has a advantage over the YFZ on wheelies... The YFZ doesnt have a good balance point. You can do wheelies on a YFZ but it's going to take a little more practice.

YFZ450Ridr
10-09-2006, 04:18 PM
my z400 was easier to wheelie and balance but my yfz with the same motor mods is much much easier! i can be sitting down in 3rd gear and crack the throttle and she comes right up and i can ride it for a while working the throttle. in 5th if i am standing and i find a bump of a whoop i can pull it up and ride it that way also. way better wheelie machine for highspeed wheelies.

as far as the trails i love mine for it! not sure why everyone prefers a 450r for trails because some of the off camber stuff can be tricky with a taller sitting quad. the low center of gravity makes it handle like a dream. all 3 of my buddies have 450rs that i ride with, an 04,05,and 06 and i like mine better. i guess im used to it more. the only other quad i would own at this point in time is a 450r.